corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Going from 1.0 12v to 1.6 16v?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Going from 1.0 12v to 1.6 16v?
islandofshame

User status: Offline
21st Aug 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey,

really wana get a 1.6 sport, is the 1.6 a complete different car to drive than the 1.0?

i love everything about my corsa and always have liked corsa b's since my parents had one bout 10 years ago...the only thing thats cheesin me off atm is the sheer lack of speed

my previous cars have been a 1.0 citroen ax and a 1.3 fiesta and i thot the fiesta was pretty nippy at times...

cheers
- islandofshame
Rob E

21st Aug 07 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will feel like a rocket to you at first but you will soon get used to it, just dont hoon it round like a plank and you will be fine
andy1868

21st Aug 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes very different. i made the change about 15 months ago and have never looked back. its alot more fun
islandofshame

21st Aug 07 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice1

andy how you find the difference petrol wise? did your insurance take a hike?

wish i knew someone who had one so i could have a wee shot
andy1868

21st Aug 07 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i drove my dad's 1.0 before buying the 1.6 for myself so i can't really judge on insurance as i wasn't paying it on my own before.

if it helps i paid £1200 TPFT for the 1.6 in my first year. at the time i had a years named driving experience though and pass plus.

petrol wise its quite abit worse but nothing THAT bad. normally get about 300 miles to the tank without too much of a heavy right foot.
on the motorway i once averaged 40mpg sat at 80 but i haven't calculated it again since.
Dom H

21st Aug 07 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went from a the pathetic 1.0 12v Corsa to a 1.6 Pug 306, much much muuuch more pleasing and so much less stressful to drive.
Tommy

21st Aug 07 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will soon find it slow
andy1868

21st Aug 07 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats inevitable though tommy i used to drive the 1.0 again now and then to remind me how fast mine is compared to it

[Edited on 21-08-2007 by andy1868]
Whittie

21st Aug 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to have a 1.2 now drive a 1.6, its "Fast" for a week or so, then you get used to it.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went from 1.2 8v to 2.0

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
davcohen

21st Aug 07 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

much more driveable then a 1.0 if you can afford it deff go for it
Jas

22nd Aug 07 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will be able to cruise up to 60 rather than hammer it, I went from a 1.2 8v (45bhp)

to a x16xe with over 120bhp

was ace, better suspension. brakes etc made it differant car

you'll love it

but in a few months you'll get used to it
mav

22nd Aug 07 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo notice a big difference, as said though after a while you get used to it as with any car and crave something faster...2.0
JM_16v

22nd Aug 07 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive always said if you drive carefully and within the limits then you could drive any car.
Dave-Creations

23rd Aug 07 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went from a x10xe to an x14xe with close ratio gear box 8v flywheel, decat exhaust system and wiring loom and ecu from c16xe and i must say the difference is staggeringly good! ppl here seem to think its a 2litre, purely on the fact it takes off so damn quick! you will have mucho fun i assure you, and the roar off the redline is orgasmic as long as u have an induction kit of course

[Edited on 23-08-2007 by Dave-Creations]
CorsaSi

23rd Aug 07 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went from a 1.1 pug 106 to my 1.4 16v and it felt like id just strapped myself into a jet car for the first month, just take it slow and get ust tot he car is a completely new drive as it becomes fun, very fun cars to drive can feel speed but at 110+ unless its very low can scare you shitless.
Stu

23rd Aug 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should be a nice little step up for you that! the 1.6 will be a lot quicker but not too quick so you end up killin yourself!

You get used to anything, thats inevitable. Best thing to do is get a slow day to day car and leave the fast car for weekends. Getting out of the Cooper Works S with 200 bhp ish into the TVR (twice the power and 200kgs lighter) always puts a smile on your face!
Jas

23rd Aug 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave-Creations
i went from a x10xe to an x14xe with close ratio gear box 8v flywheel, decat exhaust system and wiring loom and ecu from c16xe and i must say the difference is staggeringly good! ppl here seem to think its a 2litre, purely on the fact it takes off so damn quick! you will have mucho fun i assure you, and the roar off the redline is orgasmic as long as u have an induction kit of course

Ben G

23rd Aug 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yeah alright mate, keep dreaming and smoking that reefa in hippy hip land
M6RKK

23rd Aug 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

al crack the jokes...
JonnyJ

23rd Aug 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went from a 1.2 16v to a 2.0 16v and it felt like a rocket at first......now im bored and want more power
islandofshame

24th Aug 07 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the input guys, tbh im not much of a speed freak so i recon i'd b pretty satisfied with a 1.6...also been considering a mk2 megane 1.6 dynamique but i dunno

done some insurance quotes and for a 1.4 sport i'd b paying £618 for 10 months which is £20 more than my renewal price for this year n the 1.6 sport would be £718 odds which is not bad considering there is a 4 group insurance difference eh?

the thought has crossed my mind to get a 1.6 engine fitted inplace of the 1.0 but i think thats more hassle than its worth - would rather sell the 1.0 corsa and by an actual corsa sport which would probs be a hell of a lot cheaper? i have noticed though it does seem to be pretty hard to pick up a sport with a nice low mileage...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Going from 1.0 12v to 1.6 16v? 23 database queries in 0.0120480 seconds