corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs Isreal and Russia - Official Build-up and banter thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England vs Isreal and Russia - Official Build-up and banter thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
5th Sep 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is going to start upfront?

Is he going to start Gerrard in both games?

Im not so sure he is going to start with Heskey. Owen + Crouch or Smith will more than likely happen. As if he started Heskey and he had a complete shitter then McLaren would be in for it from the media.

And as for the Gerrard situation, Im all for him playing for England even if it means he has to have painkiller injections - but does that mean that if doing so causes him to miss future Liverpool games and extend his injury that the FA will be paying his weekly wages?!!? I bet not and that get me

[Edited on 05-09-2007 by Cosmo]
Tom

5th Sep 07 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit miffed over gerrard, mclaren doesn;t care about his short term future after the qualifiers imo. Glad stevie wants to play, hope he doesn't do loads of damage though.

I think johnson and owen will start tbh, if that doesn't work, heskey on in 2nd half against israel imo.

Crouch to start on wednesday and get booked in opening minute (I can't beleive ref's have targets btw )

[Edited on 05-09-2007 by Tom]
Cosmo

5th Sep 07 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He isnt worried as he knows he wont have much longer left if he doesnt play him and get results!

Forgot about Johnson and Crouch's ban in the first game

What Poll has said today is ridiculous though, hope they didnt say anything like that as sounds like they were targetting him for different rules compared to others.
Nath

5th Sep 07 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing less than 6 points.

If Stevie G wants to play then he should, he knows if he can or not.
Tom

5th Sep 07 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's what I mean, I really wouldn;t be suprised if we failed to qualify either.

Crouch already gets targetted imo, all defenders have to do is back into him because he's so tall. Fair enough his arms are a bit out of control sometimes but he does kop a lot of bad decisions against him that other forwards who play to hold up the ball wouldn't imo.
Cosmo

5th Sep 07 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

He isnt going to come out and say he cant though, he knows McLaren would turn any bad result round on him saying he is putting club before country and he'd be slated. He'd just take the painkilling jabs - which means he wouldnt have a clue if he was doing more damage to it.
Nath

5th Sep 07 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

He isnt going to come out and say he cant though, he knows McLaren would turn any bad result round on him saying he is putting club before country and he'd be slated. He'd just take the painkilling jabs - which means he wouldnt have a clue if he was doing more damage to it.

Thats crap. If he was injured he'd say so, can't blame him if he were to pull out through injury, nobody would, even if McLarry tried to shift blame.

The thing that would go against him is that he played against Chelsea whilst injured.

He wouldn't play if it meant ruining Liverpool, not a chance.
Tom

5th Sep 07 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's amazing how many injuries we have this early on in the season. Faggets imo.
Cosmo

5th Sep 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thats crap. If he was injured he'd say so, can't blame him if he were to pull out through injury, nobody would, even if McLarry tried to shift blame.

The thing that would go against him is that he played against Chelsea whilst injured.

He wouldn't play if it meant ruining Liverpool, not a chance.

I dont think he'd do it intentionally, but if it feels 'ok' he would probably pick England due to the pressure that is on him to play. He hadnt done ANY training with other players or the ball before joining up with england as it was too painful - so I seriously doubt its fine now for two games in a few days.

I just know he is going to play in both games (or possible just the first and then be injured more) and end up missing a few games for us
Aaron

5th Sep 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why have a build up thread for a game which will be shit?
Cosmo

5th Sep 07 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
Why have a build up thread for a game which will be shit?

because the game will still be going ahead, shit or not
hack3tt

5th Sep 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand the point from Cosmo about not wanting him to be out injured for weeks but from what i have read it is not that type of injury.
He was able to play for Liverpool vs Chelsea so dont think it is a serious one. just one that needs a rest to fully heal.
Lampard and Terry have both played this season with similar injuries and injections!!

If liverpool had a big game then he would play imo.

He is a good professional and knows if he is able to play.
I think it is a big enough game to warrant playing him.

just my opinion!!
Aaron

5th Sep 07 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But my question still stands...why have a build up thread?

The game will be shite so why build it up like the usual media hype..only for game to be shite and the supporters are left with nothing but the feeling of an anti climax

i accocieate this thread with the action of trying to polish a turd

Cosmo

5th Sep 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C0rsa
I understand the point from Cosmo about not wanting him to be out injured for weeks but from what i have read it is not that type of injury.
He was able to play for Liverpool vs Chelsea so dont think it is a serious one. just one that needs a rest to fully heal.
Lampard and Terry have both played this season with similar injuries and injections!!

If liverpool had a big game then he would play imo.

He is a good professional and knows if he is able to play.
I think it is a big enough game to warrant playing him.

just my opinion!!

As I said, Ive no problem if it means it wont have any effect on his club football - afterall we are the ones who pay his wages to play, not the FA.

What worries me is if having these injections can allow him to play (which they obviously can) then why was he rested from a number of our games, and why hasnt he been training fully or even with the ball when all he needed was some pain relief.

Eventually he is going to have to rest to let it heal, he cant go on playing with it for the whole season and having these injections. We have rested him now for 2+ weeks to do this, and now England may well go and make it worse by playing him under the painkillers and need us to once again rest him for more games.
Cosmo

5th Sep 07 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
But my question still stands...why have a build up thread?

The game will be shite so why build it up like the usual media hype..only for game to be shite and the supporters are left with nothing but the feeling of an anti climax

i accocieate this thread with the action of trying to polish a turd

It is not a build up as in hype it up thread, I couldnt care less if we won and qualified or didnt.

Its for people who want to, if you dont then dont feel the need to have to come in here and read it, talk about the few talking points that do surround this games.
Aaron

5th Sep 07 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh
Cosmo

5th Sep 07 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fail to see your problem tbh, so
Aaron

5th Sep 07 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have a problem thanks But....The title is "build up thread" after all.

Not much to build up TBH

Cosmo

5th Sep 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.

Not much to build up TBH

once again....its the build up to the match, aka the days and events leading upto the match.

Not, lets build up the match so it could possibly get to the dizzy heights of every Liverpool game.
Aaron

5th Sep 07 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Not, lets build up the match so it could possibly get to the dizzy heights of every Liverpool game.

Eck
Premium Member

5th Sep 07 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regardless of there being much of a game or not, there still will be a game, so this is the build up thread I hope Stevie doesn't play tbh. As said in the other thread, Lampard can take his place, and save Gerrard from doing himself more damage.
Hammer

5th Sep 07 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aj.

Not much to build up TBH

But there's still something? I must ask myself are there fair weather supporters when it comes to England? If it were the World Cup Final build up would there be an issue?
Cosmo

5th Sep 07 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
But there's still something? I must ask myself are there fair weather supporters when it comes to England? If it were the World Cup Final build up would there be an issue?

I'd have the same Gerrard issue if it meant he would be out of club games. But the fact that being a WC winner would have a positive effect on him, and he's have plenty of time off afterwards, would make a difference.
Hammer

5th Sep 07 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See i'm pretty much the same as you Cosmo, as long as Celtic are in good shape i'm not too bothered. I'd rather Scotland won but i couldn't tell you the last time i seen a game.
Cosmo

5th Sep 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
See i'm pretty much the same as you Cosmo, as long as Celtic are in good shape i'm not too bothered. I'd rather Scotland won but i couldn't tell you the last time i seen a game.

exacto!

I might think differently if I liked the manager, agreed with his team selections and tactics, etc. but I havent done so for a long long time, so tbh I couldnt give a shit!!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs Isreal and Russia - Official Build-up and banter thread 23 database queries in 0.0119951 seconds