corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Remote locking?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remote locking?
jamer1001

User status: Offline
27th Sep 07 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all! , i'm new to the site...i've just started to modify my car and i'm looking for a bit of advice

I'm looking to fit remote locking on my 1999 B SXi with some de-locked colour coded handles, but i don't have a clue where to look for a remote locking kit...does anybody have any ideas where i can find one and how much it is likely to cost?

Any help would be much appreciated...Cheers , Jamie.

[Edited on 27-09-2007 by jamer1001]
Ricky352

27th Sep 07 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont no much on the subject, but in my corsa (i didnt fit it) I had a Toad Alarm which I was able to use for remote central locking. Check out their website or call into a local alarm shop etc.
Ricky352

27th Sep 07 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And welcome to the site
Gibbon

27th Sep 07 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check Ebay for the Hawk central locking alarm system. It cost me £30 quid.

Im new to modding too and I managed to fit it in like 3 hours... works a treat and the range is good on it aswell.

Get one of those haynes manuals (the max power one) helped me a lot when I took the door card off.
Haimsey
Premium Member

27th Sep 07 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending how much your wanting to spend and what your wanting, but guy on ebay fits Toad alarms for £219.99 fitted.
Did mine, dead genuine guy.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
jamer1001

28th Sep 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks all

Haimsey:
Sounds cool, but unfortunately, i don't have that kinda money to spend =[

I've done a bit of research now though, and apparently Toad sell a r/c/l kit by itself...(http://www.dcp-shop.co.uk/buy-car-accessories/product_info.php?cPath=74_82&products_id=7946) which looks pretty good...and more in my price range at £69.99 lol...

Only problem is, i read somewhere that with some cars, you need to buy (as an extra) a special motor that fits in the door...something to do with the door pins or something or other...

Does anybody know if this applies to a corsa?...and does anybody own one of these toad kits?

(Apologies for the essay lol)
Cheers for the help guys.
Jamie
deano87

28th Sep 07 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Depending how much your wanting to spend and what your wanting, but guy on ebay fits Toad alarms for £219.99 fitted.
Did mine, dead genuine guy.

Sounds like the same guy that did mine. Your best and first mod (after recent happenings on here) should be an alarm. Plus you'll get remote locking included.

LMF Vauxhall (quick Google search will find their address) sell central locking kits, can't remember if it is remote though. Will be worth a look

I can't stress enough though how much of an investment an alarm would be. Sometimes lowers insurance too
deano87

28th Sep 07 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamer1001
Only problem is, i read somewhere that with some cars, you need to buy (as an extra) a special motor that fits in the door...something to do with the door pins or something or other...

Does anybody know if this applies to a corsa?...and does anybody own one of these toad kits?

(Apologies for the essay lol)
Cheers for the help guys.
Jamie

No - the Toad alarms don't need anything extra for the central locking on Corsa. You still have to do deadlocks manually though
Haimsey
Premium Member

28th Sep 07 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iT IS DEANO HE DID JAKES TOO IIRC

sorry caps

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread

New Poll