corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Remember.. warranties

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remember.. warranties
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Oct 07 at 07:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok this may sound stupid but alot of the time I forget about warranties when it comes to computer stuff, mainly because most stuff breaks due to human error

But about 3-4 months ago one of my Hyuandai TFT monitors expired and refused to work anymore, it would flash the input (VGA or DVI) up once when you turned it on and you didnt get anything else.

After changing cables, inputs, ports on the graphics card I finally admitted defeat that the monitor had gone. I went back to using a single monitor, like common people.

It was only last week that I decided to do something about it, quick search on my gmail for the make of monitor and I found my e-invoice from ebuyer from 2005. Found a 3 year warranty was listed on it... contacted ebuyer for a contact, they put me in touch with Repairtech (they take care of all warranty jobs for a range of monitors) who processed my order and have sent someone to come collect it from my house today

Apparently it will take 7-10 days to get it back to my house all fixed and stuff.

Hopefully everything will work out and I'll get my second TFT back in operation, and to think I almost went out and spent £150 (not alot but still £150) on a replacement.

Moral of todays post? check your warranty
andy1868

8th Oct 07 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good advice

my advice is that if you ever need to call netgear about replacing shagged equipment put aside afew hours for the job

[Edited on 08-10-2007 by andy1868]
ed

8th Oct 07 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, I had the same problem...

My old BFG graphics card packed in so I went to the PC shop and bought a new one only to realise when I got home that BFG offer a lifetime warrenty on all thier products. Doh. I'm getting the old one repaired at the moment so maybe somone will buy it off of me or something.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

8th Oct 07 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GEEEE they picked it up, cant wait to get it back
John

8th Oct 07 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BFG lifetime warranty is great.
I've had mine replaced once already and it's playing up again.

I have to find the original fan 1st though as I use watercooling atm.

So to add to willay's advice, if you change anything from standard and expect to be able to claim on warranty, always make sure you have the standard bits somewhere easy to find.

New Poll