corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Broken PAS

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broken PAS
benh3

User status: Offline
13th Oct 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After being confused why my steering is so terrible e.g. the steering wheel would turn itself to the left when you took your hands off the wheel, and having to use so much force to turn the steering wheel. I found out my car (2001 Corsa LS 1.0) has EPS, the light comes up on the dash.
Does anyone know how to hook EPS back up. As me and my mate reckons its been disconnected from the car.
And if its possible to fix this myself, i have no knowledge of cars at all.
Please could someone help me out.
Many thanks

I open the fuse box and took the EPS fuse out and put it back in the other way round and it worked again when i started the car up.

Now not working again

[Edited on 13-10-2007 by benh3]

[Edited on 14-10-2007 by benh3]

[Edited on 15-10-2007 by benh3]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

13th Oct 07 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the light on constantly or just at startup?
benh3

13th Oct 07 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only at startup
Richardhhha

13th Oct 07 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you got no knowlage about cars at all i wouldnt touch anything as this car has Electronic Power Stearing, = headache for even trained technicians. modern day electrics are a pain, if its just starting up when you turn the key on and going off after you start the car then i dont think there is anything wrong with the vehicle, what wheels have you got on the car?
benh3

14th Oct 07 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just have 13 inch standard tyres and shitty hubcabs. But hopefully by christmas i should have some 15 inch alloys of some sort.
Richardhhha

14th Oct 07 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just reading your first post again, have you hit a curb recently? or a large pot hole as these are very simalar symptoms to a bent track rod or stearing rack
benh3

14th Oct 07 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh i bought this car in June this year and has had 1 previous lady owner, the only hit it looks like its had is on the drivers door because there is a dent about 1 foot long, but this could be due to hitting the door into a parked car etc. But driving with my mum last night and both of us said how stiff the steering wheel is to turn. Is it likely to be an expensive job for a garage to look at and possibly fix?

Richardhhha

14th Oct 07 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only way you will be able to check is to jack the front of the car up and check them out when its in the air..
another thing does this do it whilst driving or just stationary?
benh3

15th Oct 07 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both, and it dosent seem to work again anymore. It steers to the left when you take your hands off the steering wheel, and its getting really hard to turn the wheel right.
alb22

15th Oct 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this on my 1.2 sxi. The EPS unit was playing up. It was an MOT failure point, so I had a new unit fitted.

I thought it was just the tracking out, but the tracking was checked and was spot on, so eventually found the EPS to be the reason. Apparently its quite common prob.
benh3

16th Oct 07 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alb22
I had this on my 1.2 sxi. The EPS unit was playing up. It was an MOT failure point, so I had a new unit fitted.

I thought it was just the tracking out, but the tracking was checked and was spot on, so eventually found the EPS to be the reason. Apparently its quite common prob.

But it passed its MOT last month. Im gonna take it to the garage, do you reckon if im driving it as it is ( stiff to turn etc) it will lead to a bigger problem or not?

New Poll