corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Compaq tech support

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Compaq tech support
John

User status: Offline
   25th Oct 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the phone to compaq just now about a faulty laptop dvd drive.

Have already went through all the stupid windows and installing drivers etc with them via email even though I told them it wouldn't even boot from cd.

They now won't send me the drive out

I have to send the system away for 7 days for them to do it.

I am also now holding for an unkown reason, i'd be very annoyed if i was in the house paying for the phonecall.
Aaron

25th Oct 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same standard of support given to customers by Sony TBH
John

25th Oct 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only dealings I've had with sony are once with a PS2 I blew up, they charged me 20 quid and came and swapped the unit for a working one.

And again a TV i broke, fixed it for 100 quid.

It's a disgrace they can't send that drive out though.
andy1868

25th Oct 07 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had one instance of sony customer support. faulty laptop was collected and was back in 2/3 days repaired. and it had been to belgium and back in that time, from what i've seen it was top notch. especially when a fujitsu siemens laptop went away for repair and was away for 6 weeks
_Allan_

25th Oct 07 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a faulty drive with a PC from PC world once and they wanted for me to take the whole PC back to change the drive. I stormed down there within 30 mins, handed over the PC and told them I was not leaving the shop until they quickly tested and confirmed it was a duff drive then passed me a replacement drive and my PC back there and then. I was not prepared to wait a few days for them to feck about and test/order a new one. I got a replacement drive out of another PC in stock twats!
John

25th Oct 07 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This one is nearly a year old or I would have tried that.

Other thing about them was constantly trying to sell me extended warranty and printers etc.

Once, maybe twice fair rnough but it was throughout the call.
ssj_kakarot

25th Oct 07 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Only dealings I've had with sony are once with a PS2 I blew up, they charged me 20 quid and came and swapped the unit for a working one.

yet you were saying its aceptable for some ones broken 360 to not be fixed unless it was totally broke with 3 red lights?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

also there not going to send a dvd drive out without checking the old one is broke, else any one could ring up and say they want one, when theres inst broke, think about it.
standard practise.
ed

25th Oct 07 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dell & co send out replacement parts. You give the broken item to the courier and they will then give you the new item in exchange. I think you will find that that is in fact standard practice.
Hammer

25th Oct 07 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
Originally posted by John

yet you were saying its aceptable for some ones broken 360 to not be fixed unless it was totally broke with 3 red lights?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

also there not going to send a dvd drive out without checking the old one is broke, else any one could ring up and say they want one, when theres inst broke, think about it.
standard practise.

No it's not

I had a faulty phone orange sent the replacement and picked up faulty one at the same time.

I had a broken laptop keyboard, Dell sent out a new one and didn't even want to see the broken one.
ssj_kakarot

25th Oct 07 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good point never thought of picking the broke one up at the same time...... not to mention i used to do that with mobiles when i worke for vodafone lol.

*runs from thread cyring*

John

25th Oct 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had proven beyond doubt that the optical drive was the fault.

If I was phoning up like a normal idiot I wouldn't expect them to send one out.

It will cost them more than the laptop is worth to do what they're doing, sending me a drive would have cost an absolute maximum of 30 quid.

Dell don't ask for optical drives or keyboards back, along with a host of other parts.

Just read the other parts about 360 etc.

My point still stands with that, troubleshooting is extremely helpful.

The drive not booting from cd and a 2 way swap with a known good drive, problem following drive proves that the drive is at fault, I had done the job for them, should have just been a matter of typing the notes and sending it out.

[Edited on 25-10-2007 by John]

New Poll