corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Headunit fitting problems HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Headunit fitting problems HELP
Matt_b

User status: Offline
   7th Nov 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying to fit a CD player into my corsa, however when I removed the standard vauxhall tape player there were three clips on the connecter but only two slots on the tape player for them to fit in, so one wasn't plugged into anything.

Anyway I fitted the adapter (which again only went into 2 of the clips) and then plugged it into my CD player. But it wouldn’t turn on, tried everything pressed all the buttons read what the manual suggested etc etc In the end I came to the decision it was faulty got a replacement model but it’s done exactly the same. However I found that if I switched the lights on the unit lights up. But still doesn’t switch on.

My friend who had a look for me said there were more wires than usual and the third clip looked like it was for something to do with an amp?

Does anybody know what could be wrong with it?

[Edited on 07-11-2007 by bulmz2k7]
carnuts

7th Nov 07 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to switch the yellow and red wires round on the back by the sounds of it mate the third plug is for the display which you wont be using now so ignore it mate
Matt_b

7th Nov 07 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see the yellow power wire going into the back of the clips but can't see which one it connects to, also the third clip is longer than the other two if that helps.

I've got some pics of it i'll post them up when I get home from work.
Matt_b

7th Nov 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by carnuts
you need to switch the yellow and red wires round on the back

Cheers m8, why is that though?
carnuts

7th Nov 07 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry i read the post wrong mate thought you meant when you put the ignition lights on it lights up i would get a test light out and check your feeds also make sure you have clipped the right connectors together my mate some how connected his to the display instead of his power connector
Matt_b

7th Nov 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The top clip (the one that doesn't connect to anything) is longer and won't fit into any of the other clips.

I'm just a bit confussed as to why the tape player has power to work but the CD player doesn't?
carnuts

7th Nov 07 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffinately double check what power you have got an where it should tell you on the new headunit what you need i bet just a wire is in the wrong place
Matt_b

7th Nov 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay thanks I'm going to have a look tonight.

New Poll