corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BetterDrivingPlease.com numpty

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BetterDrivingPlease.com numpty
AndyKent

User status: Offline
7th Nov 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got pointed in the direction of this website and spotted this user making loads of comments on other peoples driving.......

http://www.betterdrivingplease.com/passparameters.asp?Topic=NewSearch&SearchUserName=RoadCamera&AllTypes=true

Some of his spots (with a photo of the car in question!) include:

"Illegally spaced number plate - MOT failure"
"Car parked wrong way on one way street"
"Car in right turn only lane moved back into left lane too late"
"Careless and inconsiderate driving"

Fuck sake, some people really ought to get a life!

This certain member even has gone to the trouble of mounting a camera inside their car to catch all these so called 'incidents'

ps. you can also search the site for your own number plate, so can see if you've been a naughty driver
Tom

7th Nov 07 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking anorak's, neighbourhood watch, tea drinking, judgemental, dull, usually old, probably wearing tweed, smeely.

Need to get a grip
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 07 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember this, was setup for people to report others driving
flybikeslee

7th Nov 07 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can also search the site for your own number plate, so can see if you've been a naughty driver

Gutted im not there, wanted a picture of my car
Tom

Was it you steve?
AndyKent

And apparently it is illegal for people to go to McDonalds too......search L88 SCS
Matt H

Thats pretty sad
flybikeslee

7th Nov 07 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only 5 corsas in the uk on there,
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 07 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyones on there?
AndyKent

7th Nov 07 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
you can also search the site for your own number plate, so can see if you've been a naughty driver

Gutted im not there, wanted a picture of my car

I know, I was well disappointed mine isn't there
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Nov 07 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to register, otherwise there would be entry in there for L4FFN complimenting its pace off from the lights earlier.
Eck
Premium Member

7th Nov 07 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually do laugh every time I hear that number plate being mentioned
Matt H

7th Nov 07 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^

Been on the ragga then?
Mike GSi

7th Nov 07 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not on there on any of my cars, gotta start mowing down more elderly people
AndyKent

7th Nov 07 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try BU02 YEG.

"Reversing without due car and attention. Reversed into a stationary vehicle"

Cosmo

7th Nov 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the legalities of putting number plates up there? As I know most photos in the media tend to blank reg plates off.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Nov 07 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Site is called Better Driving Please but most of the reports relate to use of phones or illegal number plates.

That's not really driving per se.

Might mail them tell them I speed everywhere, therefore I arrive earlier, which if I'm honest is actually better driving.

Also reg plate 'CYCLIST'

Why even bother! That'll never go anywhere. Moaning for the sake of it. If it was so bad, knock him off.

And the programming is really really crap. Viewed cyclist reg, went back to the other results, now the next page button takes me to the cyclist reg again. Poor.

[Edited on 07-11-2007 by Ian]
AndyKent

7th Nov 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other site I picked this from have apparently sent emails to the owner as follows:

quote:

Hi.
I've just come across this website, and I think that it has a lot of potential.
There are too many idiots driving on our roads today who simply do not know the laws of the road and do not realise that they are literally doing it all wrong.
These need to be pointed out, then if we have enough examples Dr Ladyman might actually do something about it. Like re-testing.

But...
It seems that there is a lot of posts that are from busybodies who don't have anything better to do.
There is a huge supply of "number plate wrong", "male driver eating apple", "Car parked wrong way" type posts, which are simply going to make people look and laugh. Trust me, they are. Before you know it, the site becomes a joke and no-one takes any notice.
The posts need some kind of moderation to weed out the useless and highlight the real examples of bad driving.
Perhaps you could create a sub-category for the "useless rant" type posts?

Please.
I do think this is a very good idea, but if it's going to be taken seriously it needs to address the real problems, not the mundane.

Good luck with it

Which is very fair.

At the same time however, they have also reported Steve McQueen for his driving in Bullit
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 07 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Site is called Better Driving Please but most of the reports relate to use of phones or illegal number plates.

That's not really driving per se.

Might mail them tell them I speed everywhere, therefore I arrive earlier, which if I'm honest is actually better driving.

Also reg plate 'CYCLIST'

Why even bother! That'll never go anywhere. Moaning for the sake of it. If it was so bad, knock him off.

And the programming is really really crap. Viewed cyclist reg, went back to the other results, now the next page button takes me to the cyclist reg again. Poor.

probably made by a balding middle age man who works in a middle school who is put in charge of IT and thinks hes an expert.

see them all the time
AndyKent

7th Nov 07 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

You think thats bad, go to the password reset page, just enter the name of any random user and it'll be automatically sent back to them. No confirming email address or anything, just does it.

http://www.betterdrivingplease.com/forgotten_password.asp

If you want to mischievious
Cosmo

7th Nov 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
You think thats bad, go to the password reset page, just enter the name of any random user and it'll be automatically sent back to them. No confirming email address or anything, just does it.

http://www.betterdrivingplease.com/forgotten_password.asp

If you want to mischievious

Didnt this place have something similar to that not so long back?
Skylined

7th Nov 07 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vehicle shouldn't be on the road

Where do we start with this one? TVR manufactured in 1995, so not quite sure why it has 'silver/grey on black' plates. Illegally spaced lettering to give the illusion of 'CLUB DJ', or wait a minute, what's that big black screw at the top of the 'U' – is that actually an '0'? POSSIBLE MOT FAILURE, WITHDRAWAL OF NUMBER PLATE AND £1000 FINE – for information see http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/v796.pdf. Upon attempting to decipher the registration of the vehicle and check the DVLA database, I also note that the vehicle is not actually licensed – SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) has been declared which means there is no road tax for this car. Will this also mean the keeper has MOT'd or insured the vehicle? **All images posted have been captured using a camera mounted to the windscreen of my vehicle, with an automated device that allows continuous and uninterrupted recording whilst on the move.**

it's a TVR FFS bet he drives a micra !!!

[Edited on 07-11-2007 by Skylined]
Robin
Premium Member

7th Nov 07 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

**All images posted have been captured using a camera mounted to the windscreen of my vehicle, with an automated device that allows continuous and uninterrupted recording whilst on the move.**

Why?

Why would ANYONE other than the police have such a device?
andyc1234

7th Nov 07 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf. is there only one user that posts on that site. get a fookin life
Robin
Premium Member

7th Nov 07 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
At the same time however, they have also reported Steve McQueen for his driving in Bullit

Link?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BetterDrivingPlease.com numpty 22 database queries in 0.0183210 seconds