corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Annoyed with my heater (Corsa C)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Annoyed with my heater (Corsa C)
Ren

User status: Offline
13th Nov 07 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It blows mildly warm air for about 10 seconds, and then cool air after that even though its set on maximum heat Any ideas what's wrong?

Also the 1, 2 and 3 positions on my heater don't work 4 still does, so I either have no air, or full blast cold air. Damnit!
Richie

13th Nov 07 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New switch is £12 - £20.

If you are getting little or no heat then you probably have an air lock.

Best way to sort this is to start your engine when cold..... (check your radiator header tank and make sure its at the right level).

Then, take the cap off the header tank... and leave it off with the blowers on hot and full blast with your engine idling for about an hour.

If that doesnt cure it then you heater matrix is blocked/shaggged.
AdamF
Premium Member

14th Nov 07 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fan problem will be the resistor located by the motor.

like said above it could be a air lock or possibly the thermostat stuck open
Ren

14th Nov 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How hard would it be to change the resistor? I have some solder, so i could do it myself i suppose. And sorry to be bother, but how would i check the thermostat? Thanks to both of you btw
AdamF
Premium Member

15th Nov 07 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the resistor is available from vauxhall and just plugs in.

only way to check the thermostat is to take it out and see if it is open. (do this when the engine is cold). if its open its knackered

if it is not open then boil the kettle and put the thermostat in the boiling water and watch it open, if it doesnt its knackered.
Ren

4th Feb 08 at 04:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed the resistor, and 1, 2, and 3 now work. Asked Vauxhall to take a look at the heat problem too, but they didnt have enough time apprantly, even though I took my car in at 8am, they didn't start working on it until 4-5pm

Can any garage sort out the airlock? I tried your method Rich, and it worked to a degre... 2 degrees in fact, it's a bit warmer but then still goes cold.
pow
Premium Member

4th Feb 08 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any garage can investigate an Air Lock

New Poll