corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Instrument lights not working...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Instrument lights not working...
Coddy

User status: Offline
18th Nov 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My instrument lights don't work after I changed to LED bulbs. When the original bulbs went back in nothing worked. I've tried new bulbs and a different set of clocks (also with new bulbs) and still nothing. I've checked with the haynes manual for fuses and both for the instrument clusters are fine. All I can think of is an electrical problem somewhere. Anyone had this problem?
johnhara1

19th Nov 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've unplugged something or snapped a wire when youve took the dials out by the sounds of it mate.
Coddy

20th Nov 07 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lights buzzer doesn't work either, it took me days to notice this though! I've looked over the haynes manual wiring diagrams and found which fuses it cold be and where the earths are, I'm going to go now and give it all a good checking over but if it doesn't work after checking fuses, loose wires and earths, what else could it be?
sand-eel

20th Nov 07 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you do the clock/date thing aswell?
Coddy

20th Nov 07 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did change it to LEDs but also changed it back, although a set of new bulbs were needed for normal display, but it works fine now.
Coddy

22nd Nov 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, turns out a fuse has gone, and keeps blowing replacements. It's fuse 19 and should be 10A but has blown every size up to 30A so far. With a 30A in it everything works as intended very briefly but then the fuse goes again.
Coddy

22nd Nov 07 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More progress, found no snapped, loose, broken wires but when inspecting the light switch, something was lose inside and fell out. It was a small piece of copper switch, I think it could have been touching another part of the switch and causing problems. Does anyone have a surplus headlight switch they want to shift?

New Poll