corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » I cant remain logged in *Help please*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I cant remain logged in *Help please*
Fonz
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Nov 07 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't remain logged into CS or Facebook

CS - i can log in, i even get the password field autocompleted for me but as soon as i try naviagate to another screen i am kicked off and need to log in again.

I have no membership access at this time. i cant see U2U as i'm kicked off opening that window, i can't vew any location services etc, i have a "guest" membership only

Facebook is very similar - firstly it will not recognise/remember me and naviagting away from my profile i require to log in again

i know this is my pc as all is well on the work pc (using now) and my housemates pc but doesnt help me (particulary as i enjoy having a laptop and wireless network)

to give background:
problem started when i came in from Asda yday pm. i logged on and had several emails from CS of threads i had subscribed, i also had a MSN Messenger convo goin on, and my virus protection (Macafee) told me it needed to update/scan.

as i had several things going on at once, plus housemate chatting to me i cant remember if i was able to remain logged in before Macafee kicked in but its information which may help you.

i spent all afternoon/evening trying to sort the error, restoring to an earlier time, doing most things to cookies but with no success. i know something is correct as all i need do is type "f" and my username autocompletes with password....the problem is staying logged in.

can you help?
NB i cant get u2u access so dont send me any - email or post here for suggestions!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

19th Nov 07 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cleared out all your cache and cookies?
tried another browser like firefox? (or IE if you are using firefox)
Fonz
Premium Member

19th Nov 07 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only ever used IE6
how do i clear cache and cookies?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

19th Nov 07 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the top.

Tools, click Internet Options

First tab, click delete cookies and delete files.

I'd suggest Firefox too, its wicked

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
pow
Premium Member

19th Nov 07 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure that IE is storing cookies, is in the advanced settings somewhere
_Allan_

19th Nov 07 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

19th Nov 07 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firefox is for gayz or l33t h4x0rs
Fonz
Premium Member

19th Nov 07 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks Willay, i tried but will again!

i've tried all i can think of, thought it might be Macafee issue but no one commented so that idea is in my head!
thanks again

Fonz
Premium Member

20th Nov 07 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still no luck with IE6 but i tried Firefox last night and all seems to work again. would rather stick with IE but il get used to it i'm sure!!

thanks for your help and if i get through in IE will let you know!!

New Poll