corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » why i think we have player shortages

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author why i think we have player shortages
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 07 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and also why i think its going to get worse.

its the attitude of parents and kids. Most kids want to just sit and play games or watch tv. When i was young i was out on my bike up the green kicking a ball about most evenings!

kids are lazy, parents are as bad, so imo its going to get worse. Just look at obescity figures in kids these days.

At the age of ten i was like a whipper snapper, so were my mates, now 10 year olds are like 15 year olds.
Nath

22nd Nov 07 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, I dunno about everyone else but in 4 years of Secondary School I had Football for PE for 1 term

I did other shit sports like Trampolining and Badminton.

Kids should get to pick.

I agree though, all I did as a kid was play Football with my mates. Everyday during my breaks and lunches, then after school, then at weekends.
Cosmo

22nd Nov 07 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Partly agree, but still think going out and playing football is what a huge amount of lads want to do, but think a lot of parents would rather they were in and 'safe'.
Cosmo

22nd Nov 07 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Also, I dunno about everyone else but in 4 years of Secondary School I had Football for PE for 1 term

We didnt do it once, was all rugby
Hammer

23rd Nov 07 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There isn't a shortage, if England had qualified and went on and won the Euro's we wouldn't have this doom and gloom.

Thing is with the correct manager there is every possibility you could have gone and done that, there's at least half a squad of world class footballers there they're just not being led correctly at all.
Nismo

23rd Nov 07 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Foreign Stars Blamed For England Exit

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1293996,00.html

This is exactly what ive been saying at work, if there wasnt so many outsiders then we would have more english players upto the standards
AndyKent

23rd Nov 07 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree there is a shortage. Like Steve and Nath, we did a tiny bit of football in lessons but mostly other random stuff.

Problem is that you give kids a choice of what they want to do with sport, and most will probably just sit and watch the rest.......they do actually need to push kids into doing something and TBF, anyone whos good at football will be playing all the time anyway, and do it outside of school.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Nov 07 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason there is too many foerigners is due to lackage of decent english players, not because we dont want them
Cosmo

23rd Nov 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
if there wasnt so many outsiders then we would have more english players upto the standards

no, no, no, no, no!

The English talent just isnt there. The only thing you'd get if you had a limit on 'outsiders' is English teams being poor in European Competitions, the standard of the English leagues would drop and that would make the better English players suffer as they will now be playing in a sub-standard league.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Nov 07 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tell you i was like a whippet
Hammer

23rd Nov 07 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve you were the fat kid that got picked last, that's why you work with computers for a living porky.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Nov 07 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your lips will be flying everywhere at spars tonight

[Edited on 23-11-2007 by Steve]
Hammer

23rd Nov 07 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bottle of white lightning say's ill give you a black eye in 3 seconds flat mate.
Mather.16v

23rd Nov 07 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
if there wasnt so many outsiders then we would have more english players upto the standards

no, no, no, no, no!

The English talent just isnt there. The only thing you'd get if you had a limit on 'outsiders' is English teams being poor in European Competitions, the standard of the English leagues would drop and that would make the better English players suffer as they will now be playing in a sub-standard league.

tbh id much prefer to have the premiership full of english talent at a lower level, allowing our youths to progess. than have a league a full of forgeiners not letting our kids having a look in!

[Edited on 23-11-2007 by Mather.16v]
Cosmo

23rd Nov 07 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mather.16v
tbh id much prefer to have the premiership full of english talent at a lower level, allowing our youths to progess. than have a league a full of forgeiners not letting our kids having a look in!

So you'd rather see them progress to a lower standard overall, as the very talented foreigners wouldnt be here bringing up the overall standard of the league.

This would then have a knock on effect on the national setup meaning this will be a lower standard.
Mad Moe

23rd Nov 07 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The simple fact of the matter is if the youngsters are good enough they'll make the grade, at present they're simply not upto it and less foreigners in the Premier League isn't going to change that
Mather.16v

23rd Nov 07 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

So you'd rather see them progress to a lower standard overall, as the very talented foreigners wouldnt be here bringing up the overall standard of the league.

This would then have a knock on effect on the national setup meaning this will be a lower standard.

its a double edged sword really, having 4 or 5 foreigners in all first teams wont drop the standard to much or at all in theory imo, as there will still be the likes of fabregas, ronaldo, tevez, torres and many many more top class players in the prem playing every week, besides only teams like yourselfs arsenal and maybe chelsea struggle at the moment
Cosmo

23rd Nov 07 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its a double edged sword really, having 4 or 5 foreigners in all first teams wont drop the standard to much or at all in theory imo, as there will still be the likes of fabregas, ronaldo, tevez, torres and many many more top class players in the prem playing every week, besides only teams like yourselfs arsenal and maybe chelsea struggle at the moment

Its not just the first team I mean though. The level of the acadamy would fall as it wouldnt really be in clubs interests to bring over good foreign players at a young age, and they wouldnt want to come here, so the players coming through would again suffer from a poorer level during their most important developing years.

TBH if we could only play 5 foreign players then we wouldnt struggle IMO...

Reina
Finnan Carra Agger
Mascherano
Pennant Gerrard Alonso Anderson
Torres Crouch
RyanSxi

23rd Nov 07 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since when do you play 3-5-2 though?
Cosmo

23rd Nov 07 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
since when do you play 3-5-2 though?

Oh, I didnt realise the ruling was going to be 5 foreign players and no formation changes
Danny P

23rd Nov 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its down to lack of natural talent Steve.

jr

23rd Nov 07 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

I did other shit sports like Trampolining and Badminton.

Kids should get to pick.

I agree though, all I did as a kid was play Football with my mates. Everyday during my breaks and lunches, then after school, then at weekends.

Totally agree on that
mav

23rd Nov 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't agree that the talent isn't there..I just think they are not getting picked due to it's easier to buy foriegners than bring through young players...
Hammer

23rd Nov 07 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, there is no difference in technical ability and the managers will all tell you that. The coaching and the facilities in England are as good as any in Europe and the players are there. All the national team needs is a boot up the arse.
Cosmo

23rd Nov 07 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
I don't agree that the talent isn't there..I just think they are not getting picked due to it's easier to buy foriegners than bring through young players...

Then why are they buying foreigners at the ages of 14/15 when the local talent is there for free

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » why i think we have player shortages 23 database queries in 0.0167110 seconds