corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B electric PAS problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B electric PAS problem
corsa col

User status: Offline
27th Nov 07 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've fitted an electric pas unit to my corsa rally car, I've got the piggyback ecu that sends the tacho signal,etc to the units ecu, adjustable knob, and all the instructions along with it.
The problem is that I can turn it on, (with the variable adjustment knob turned off) and its fine, I can turn the knob on as far as i want and its fine, but once I move the steering wheel it violently shakes left & right continually a inch or so until I pull the fuse out. I've a suspision that 2 wires are the wrong way around, but dont know which. Its like the column sensor is sending an opposite signal to the motor to what it should be. what else could it be? Am i right?, what else could it be?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

27th Nov 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ditch the piggyback unit and re-test.
corsa col

27th Nov 07 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll give it a go, but can't see how that'll help? Any other idea's?
boy_racer996

28th Nov 07 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speaking of steering.... i had electric power steering in my 1.2.... put the sport engine in and the interior loom was different, so missing oneof the plugs that go into the ecu lookin' box for the steering. its a big fat red wire and a light brown thats missing? anyone know what these are for r how i could get power steering back?
corsa col

29th Nov 07 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bttt
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

29th Nov 07 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa col
I'll give it a go, but can't see how that'll help? Any other idea's?

it will help by isolating the problem, could be the epas rack or the control unit at fault.
corsa col

29th Nov 07 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a thought, the 'piggyback' ecu came with a corsa c column, which I later replaced with a Corsa B column, and swopped the piggyback unit to the B column. Would there be any differance between the 2 columns own ecu's which would cause this problem on the B column if it was incompatable?

[Edited on 29-11-2007 by corsa col]

New Poll