corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE - cutting out and poor idle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE - cutting out and poor idle
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Nov 07 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drove my 1.6 Sport today to the train station, so a friend and I could get tickets for tomorrow.

Drove the 500 yards or so to his house, no problem, then about 1/2 mile to the junction at the end of the road.

As I got there, noticed a bit of a strange idle - it lost revs but didn't stall, then pulled back up to about 1200 rpm and stayed there.

Pulled out of the junction, and as I did so it tried to stall, leaving me stranded in the middle of the road for about 5-6 seconds with it ticking over at 200rpm (just).

Then it suddenly picked up and pulled away, but was jerky for the next 2 miles or so.

I parked at the train station as my mate went in, and kept the engine running. After about 4 or 5 minutes, with the engine indling fine and temperature up to about 90 degrees, it suddenly stalled, with no warning.

It then decided it didn't want to restart, with about 15 seconds or so of cranking. tried that about 3 times with 30 second(ish) intervals, but still wouldn't fire. Left it about 2 or 3 minutes, tried again, and it started after about 10 seconds of turning over.

I then drove home holding it at about 2000 rpm as everytime I came to a stop (or was already staionary) it tried to stall. Got back home, and when I went to park it, the car drove perfectly normal - idled well, went back to idle when I dipped the clutch, no problem at all.

Anybody got any idea what it could be? I have no EML on at all, but the bulb works as it comes on with the first turn of the key, but goes out when the engine is running, which is normal.

Thanks
Warren G

30th Nov 07 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldnt be bothered to read the essay, but IAC valve ( more than likely) or an air leak
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th Nov 07 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted a Pipercross cone about 3 weeks ago which I got for £30 brand new, so chucked it on for a laugh.

Recommend putting the airbox back on the Warren? I have already rung my Dad as he is coming to swansea on Sunday anyway, so he is bringing the airbox with him.

Cheers mate
Warren G

30th Nov 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont worry about the airbox

it could be either a sticking EGR valve or an IAC valve, sounds more like a IAC valve tbh

New Poll