corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Firedance 206 GTI Progress Thread

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Firedance 206 GTI Progress Thread
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
   10th Dec 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive always liked 206's and was just randomly looking a car insurance quotes and found out that i could get a 206 GTI really cheap on insurance, so I set out looking for one to replace my 2003 Corsa SXI. Was looking for a 206 GTI in Firedance Orange for a while, but due to the colour being dis-continued in 2001, it was hard to find one in nice condition with low mileage, service history, etc. Then came across this 2001 model with only 40k on the clock, one owner and full service history. Managed to get it at trade price as well as I was working in the trade at the time. So here's how it looked when I picked it up:

corsaaa_16v

10th Dec 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I knew I was only going to buy a standard one, the month I was searching for one, I slowly started buying a few bits for it, so they were ready to go on the day I got it back from the dealer. The list of items I had waiting were:
SP bonnet grill
SP upper grill
Flat Wipers
Alloy Tax Disc Holder
Carbon Fibre GTI 180 Centre Console
Ecosse Carpet Mats
Phase 2 Rear Lights
GTI 180 Carbon Fibre Mirror Caps
Sony CDX M8800 CD player

corsaaa_16v

10th Dec 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also had some other items that were at my place, waiting to be put on when the car went into the bodyshop for full colour coding:
Morettes
Ecosse Classic Spoiler
Phase 2 Boot Strip
SP Bumper Grill
Griffiths Quickshift

corsaaa_16v

Then one day, after staying over at my girlfriends, I came out to find my car like this:

Some scruffy little b@st@rds had broke in, stealing my stereo, wallet and ashtray full of change

Finally got that sorted, sorted my alarm, bought a new CD player (Alpine IDA X001 I-pod Head Unit) which is an awesome bit of kit, and also had a new exhaust fitted as old one was kanckered (still needs fitting right), PiperX panel filter, cup holder to replace ashtray and GTI 180 leather speedo pod.

corsaaa_16v

And here is how it stands today, having had the first sunny day in weeks to give it a well deserved clean

Future Plans are:

Sort exhaust coz its on the pi$$
Private Reg
French Number Plates
30mm Eibach Springs
GTI 180 Alloys

Comments welcome

[Edited on 10-12-2007 by corsaaa_16v]
Charlton

10th Dec 07 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plans sound good could also remove rear wiper
jungle

10th Dec 07 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i recomend a 60mm+ lowerage as it's ace a lowered my girl's 206 on gmax coilovers and it handles great
Jamie

10th Dec 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Badgers doing your window in tho

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Firedance 206 GTI Progress Thread 23 database queries in 0.0246921 seconds