corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need help with strange head unit problem?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need help with strange head unit problem?
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
10th Dec 07 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a new head unit last week (Alpine IDA X001 I-pod head unit) It is awesome and is the best unit Ive had by a million miles. But theres just one niggly problem. When I turn the volume up, when it gets to a certain volume, it turns itself off, and then turns itself back on a starts turning itself up on its own, then when it gets to that volume again, it turns itself off, and keeps doing this

I thought it was a problem with the head unit, but then I tried fitting it in my mates car and it works absolutely fine and I could turn it up to whatever volume I wanted

So Im guessing its a problem with the wiring in my car?

Any ideas???????????????

[Edited on 10-12-2007 by corsaaa_16v]
corsaaa_16v

10th Dec 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?
j-macqueen

10th Dec 07 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any suggestions??need help urgently
oceansoul

10th Dec 07 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe the headunit has a speed sense input, and you have accidently connected some thing to it by mistake. So the head unit thinks your going faster and is turning its self up?!?!?!

Maybe something like that?
luke85

11th Dec 07 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its probably losing power when the volume is turned up, check the voltage at the back of the head unit when its on and the turn up the volume and watch what happens. if it drops below 10.5 then it will turn its self off. Then the voltage will go back up and turn its self back on, slowly increase the volume to what it was before, voltage goes down, head unit goes off etc
badboy1989

11th Dec 07 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe the volume your setting it to is too higher power for you speakers or your speakers need additional amplification as my jvc head used to cut out if i put loudness on when i had my alpine fronts in but i hooked both up to one port on a two channel amp and it was fine whilst running my sub as well

New Poll