corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how the hell do i get my steering wheel off

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how the hell do i get my steering wheel off
sam-a

User status: Offline
4th Jan 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1994 Corsa B , NO aribag.

I removed the centre cap off the steering wheel, then the lock nut underneath holding the wheel in. How the hell do i get it off? It is on a spline so do i just pull, or is there something else i need to take off?
phil_sutton

4th Jan 08 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

undo the nut but leave it on then get the biggest hammer you can find and a about 6 inch of bar to hit the nut with. Support the wheel from behide with your legs an then twat the nut hard. It will then pop off.

Make sure you pull or support the wheelk forward otherwise yuo will collapse the coloum, and leae the nut or you will break most of your face when it comes off an beds it self into your face
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

4th Jan 08 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at the related threads at the bottom of the page, but to be honest, you will be best buying a steering wheel puller.

IIRC vauxhalls need a three-legged puller, not the usual two-legged?
sam-a

4th Jan 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers
andyc1234

4th Jan 08 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leave nut on a couple of thread. get knees under it and pull like fook rocking the wheel about. iv never used a puller yet just brute force
GavCorsa

4th Jan 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never used a puller either, done loads by pulling
sometimes works for me too, when ready, leave nut on couple threads, put ignition on, then push on wheel , sometimes just pops off

New Poll