corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Wes Brown fans (Robbo, Cosmo!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wes Brown fans (Robbo, Cosmo!)
Marc

User status: Offline
15th Jan 08 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wes Brown is determined to feature in Fabio Capello’s plans when the new England boss picks his first squad on 31 January.

The 28-year-old defender has been almost ever-present in the Reds’ defence this season, making 20 league appearances in the absence of regular right back Gary Neville. Now he wants to be involved when England play Switzerland in a friendly at Wembley on 6 February.

Brown played just five of England’s 18 matches under Steve McClaren and was an unused substitute on a further six occasions.

But his form for United this term has been top-drawer and he may well have done enough to catch Capello’s eye.

“Hopefully that’s the case,” Brown told Manchester United Radio. “If I can stay in the United team and continue to play well then hopefully I can get an England call up.”
strick206

15th Jan 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At right back, i can't see much competition uness Richards is played there so why not tbh
Cosmo

15th Jan 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GTF if he gets in the team then my opinion of Capello will instantly be on the same level as that of McKnob.
Marc

15th Jan 08 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fairly consistant for us. Had a very notable games last season that I went to. He was definatley shocking for England recently though. Maybe he just loses the plot at international level.
Mather.16v

15th Jan 08 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very underated imo, has been on top of his game for most of this season, maybe not starting 11 but hes deserves to be in the squad
Robbo

15th Jan 08 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have him in the squad I suppose due to experience but wouldn't let him anywhere near the pitch unless absolutely necessary!

BTW Richards is featured in the new away kit marketing so I'd guess Captain Gary is done for now in Int'l terms
Mather.16v

15th Jan 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
BTW Richards is featured in the new away kit marketing so I'd guess Captain Gary is done for now in Int'l terms

all depends on how he recovers from this injury, hes seems to be having endless set backs
Robbo

15th Jan 08 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh
MatthewR

15th Jan 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
GTF if he gets in the team then my opinion of Capello will instantly be on the same level as that of McKnob.

agreed

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Wes Brown fans (Robbo, Cosmo!) 23 database queries in 0.0090640 seconds