corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Starting my ......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Starting my ......
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   16th Jan 08 at 00:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Way through my motorbike test this month hopefully just waiting for a spot to get my CBT done . Has anyone got the theory test cd for motorbikes handy
stevegreetham

16th Jan 08 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck matey, are you doing direct access? i'll have a hunt for my cd but i have a feeling you may be out of luck
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i'm doing the all access, it's supposed to be getting harder to pass to this license soon so thought i would get it over and done with now. I will not be buying a bike as yet but i will do as soon as funds will allow
TheCam

16th Jan 08 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might have that cd lying about al have a look in the morning
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 00:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would be great thanks guys i'm quite looking forward to it to be honest!! it'llbe something to keep me occupied
Jamie

16th Jan 08 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

direct access

who you going through mate?

Worst time of year.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 00:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant remember the guys name off hand but in town anyway i like a challenge Jamie
Paul_J

16th Jan 08 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been riding a aprilia RS for about a year on L's (unrestricted tho) just because I've not been arsed with the whole test thing. Done CBT and theory... just need to get round to booking full direct access test at some point.
TheCam

16th Jan 08 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheCam
i might have that cd lying about al have a look in the morning

found it u2ud
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u replied to
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much is a CBT these days?
Daimo B

16th Jan 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About £100 inc bike hire.

Weather should be fine, its easier to learn in the harder stuff and the dry weather becomes a doddle.

Good idea to get it done before the laws change. Prices, test difficulty etc are all getting worse.

Good luck with it, but PLEASE dont go out and buy a SS600 as a first bike. Don't become a statistic. Work your way into it, learn how to ride properly (test just gets you on the bike and riding, you start to learn after ) and the speed will come.

Become one of the "i've got a smaller bike and whoop the bigger bikes on the B roads" over the "i've got a big bike, can't ride corners, but fuck me its fast in a straightline" type
Daimo B

16th Jan 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and about £300-£600 for Bike training for DAS with bike hire, depending on experience.

If you can get a 1-1 training, you'll learn so much more too.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm really just wanting to get the license the bike will come after once i have some cash aside, when i do come to get a bike i think i would probably get a nice looking small engined bike just to enjoy it more than be scared crapless to go out on it every day
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not in a rush to get it completed but would like to have finished by June or somethign anyway, i have no idea how long it takes as i can only learn with the guy on Sundays and Mondays.
Daimo B

16th Jan 08 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the CBT is a day, thats easy as pie. Jsut a case of mincing around for a day.

Training is more about "where to position your bike at roundabouts"

Kinda like a car, hands at 10-2 please.... But when you pass, you learn new things. just with a bike, theres a LOT to learn after you've passed. (Say a cars 40% learning start, Pass then learn another 60%, well a bikes morelike 5% Learning, Pass, then learn another 95%)

Once you've got the silly lines they give, learn what gears etc to be in, its really really simple.

I'd say if you've never ridden, but have passed your CBT, realisitically, about 6-8 hours training to get you on the road. Then a lifetime mastering it.

You WILL become a better car driver because of it. You will notice your observation skills etc become vastly better than before.
TheCam

16th Jan 08 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat vxr says is correct it defo makes you a better car driver. i was 18 when i passed my bike test and i bought an unrestricted zx600 it was great fun
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always been excited about getting through my bike license but just never had the guts to get down and do it. Now i am doing it with my boss so it is more of an incentive to get started now!. I'm truly excited about it but i know i cannot afford a bike at the moment and it would just be a case of get it done and go from there. I've heard horror stories and seen accidents around my home town so i know the risk and that i would start off on a small but still relatively nippy bike. Cant Wait
richc

16th Jan 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I've been riding a aprilia RS for about a year on L's (unrestricted tho) just because I've not been arsed with the whole test thing. Done CBT and theory... just need to get round to booking full direct access test at some point.

You do realise if you have passed your car test after 2001, and done a CBT, you can ride your 125 with no L's and carry pillion. Its under code 'P' on your license. See if you have it!
Paul_J

16th Jan 08 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

You do realise if you have passed your car test after 2001, and done a CBT, you can ride your 125 with no L's and carry pillion. Its under code 'P' on your license. See if you have it!

Really??? thought it was like if you passed before a certain year.
Paul_J

16th Jan 08 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my card part of license I've got

B
B1
f k p

Paul_J

16th Jan 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070430080244AAGNLtV

I have code 122 net to my f k p, think i passed my driving test in 2002.

So it is correct I did a CBT, but not read anywhere about the no L's thing??
richc

16th Jan 08 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt know untill the other day. I were reading all the codes on the net, and P came up. I had a read and it says about car test and cbt, and i though wait i have both, so i checked on my license and says the letter P. I was loving life I will check on the net now!

Check a different site and it said nothing about it. I will try and find the site i was browings the other day!

[Edited on 16-01-2008 by richc]
Paul_J

16th Jan 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also check to see if horizontal to the f p k thing you have code 122.
richc

16th Jan 08 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i cant find it but it pissed me off because other sites are saying you still have to have L's. But they did say your CBT is valid for lifetime of your license but then some say they run out after two years like i thought. God knows. I would just stick to the DVLA webiste as different sites give you different info!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Starting my ...... 22 database queries in 0.4086599 seconds