corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rear Disc Conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear Disc Conversion
Nickson

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 08 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, been reading all of the other threads on how to change the rear drums to discs, and none are of any help, so here goes.
Only upgrading for looks atm, and see what comes along in the future to see if ill actually fit a C20LET or XE, so yea
Ive got hold of a set of Astra F GSi rear hubs, calipers, and discs, and im wondering what i have to do, to be able to fit them.
Any help would be appriciated

Thanks
k e l

22nd Jan 08 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to more the cable rails further up to be able to use the standard handbrake. also weld plates that you can buy to the stub axle
Nickson

22nd Jan 08 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive asked another bloke for help, and heres his answer:
all you need is a set of 10mm spacers which a guy sells on ebay ,,that sets it up right ,then just put 2 new flexi hoses in place of the solid pipe and your done ,,easiest mod if you get the full hub ,disc,and caliper ,from a astra or vectra

Seems to be different to what everyone else is saying.
Im not Officially CONFUSED

Cheers
andyc1234

22nd Jan 08 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to weld the plates on and then drill the holes through as they are not in the right place on the plate underneath
k e l

22nd Jan 08 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the plates are for the hubs to bolt onto. still need to weld them into place. some use a astra handbrake cable i think. but think it snags on some parts so its just as quick to move the runners up and weld them back into place.
its easier once the full beam is off the car and you can see what you have to do be easier to see what we mean
andyc1234

22nd Jan 08 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used my original pipes moved the handbrake guides out 20mm, used an 87 nova short cable. thats with astra mk3 gsi hubs
k e l

22nd Jan 08 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was able to use the standard cable but i cant remember how far they got moved up. also you dont need to buy new flexies just make up new pipework to the original flexies
Gareth F

23rd Jan 08 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was told a little while ago for the amount of effort you might aswell upgrade to a set of astra (diesel i think) rear drumbs as they are bigger and not far off the power of discs...... dunno if thats true but if it is then that sounds the easier option

New Poll