corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » written off?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author written off?
aron

User status: Offline
29th Jan 08 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you write your car off, how much does your insurance go up by?

assuming someone in front of you stopped and you couldnt stop in time.

i.e. kinda your fault, but VERY unlucky.

not that i just wrote my car off or anything

[Edited on 29-01-2008 by aron]
Jakey
Premium Member

29th Jan 08 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell me the Ronals and i'll tell you
pow
Premium Member

29th Jan 08 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your car is a write off and you go through insurance, they will end the insurance as of then.

When you reinsure, you will have a claim on your record and lose any NCB. Yes it puts the price up, but i'm insuring a the same car i crashed for approx 20% more than before.
T21SVJ

29th Jan 08 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine went up 55quid
Scotty C

29th Jan 08 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends entirely on the situation and much the damage costs to repair.
CorsAsh

29th Jan 08 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aron
assuming someone in front of you stopped and you couldnt stop in time.

i.e. kinda your fault, but VERY unlucky.

Happened to me, despite having the insurance company agree with me and support from the Police I was still found to be at fault.

Lost NCB but premium only went up £5.
T21SVJ

29th Jan 08 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already took my insurance out then got a letter through about a accident i had a year ago to that date saying we want 2500 quid of you told my insurance they paid out and it went from 925quid to 975
Hamish

29th Jan 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how much NCB you had and if it was your fault
aron

29th Jan 08 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesn't look that bad, but the cost of repairs will surely kill it?

i have 1.5 years NCB built up (but will obviously lose this...) does this really make a difference to my insurance in the future?

will need a new slam panel, power steering pump, new rad, new bonnet and new headlight. bumper and nearside wing would need spraying too.

i think it might be game over.

[Edited on 29-01-2008 by aron]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Jan 08 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like that would be fixed

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
DarkBahamut

30th Jan 08 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it comes to losing NCB then it can make a big difference. I'm in the middle of a claim myself which is being fought at the moment, i checked my renewal with and without NCB to see how much mine would change by.

With a 22 year old on a Corsa C SRi 1.7 CDTI i got these.

2 years NCB, 0 claims - £680

0 years NCB , 1 claim - £1050
Linch

30th Jan 08 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That could be fixed, could even do it your self, Im fixing mine after a similar thing.

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=406290

[Edited on 30-01-2008 by Linch]
16V_1600

30th Jan 08 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Defo fix that mate, such a nice car.

Slam panels are pretty cheap but a bitch to fit. Insurance gives 6 hours just to fit a slam panel!
JonnyJ

30th Jan 08 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i wrote off my first car at the age of 18 my insurance doubled from £800 - £1600. Having it on my record has always meant my premiums have been high. Looks fixable easy enough, if you can afford it don't go through the insurance.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th Jan 08 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would fix that myself and not go through insurance...
VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th Jan 08 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends if he has to pay out on the other car though! Then i'd get the car in there.

If not, then probably not worth claiming!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Fonz
Premium Member

30th Jan 08 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
If your car is a write off and you go through insurance, they will end the insurance as of then.

not true for all. i came off the road, on my own accord and had a total loss on the car (see sig for photos)

i got a replacement (current car) and informed insurance company. they charge me £50 extra for the remaining time left on the policy (7months).

when it came to renewing they then offered me a "very competitive price of £990" which was £300 more than the premium pre-accident. i said bollocks and found current insurance company who matched the original £600 knowing i had the accident. been with ecarinsurance ever since and their bloody brill!
lil_g

30th Jan 08 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Looks like that would be fixed

Definitely mate
DYL

30th Jan 08 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine looked like this mate......fixed it up with no probs..took for its MOT and passed 1st time
pow
Premium Member

30th Jan 08 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
quote:
Originally posted by pow

not true for all. i came off the road, on my own accord and had a total loss on the car (see sig for photos)

i got a replacement (current car) and informed insurance company. they charge me £50 extra for the remaining time left on the policy (7months).

when it came to renewing they then offered me a "very competitive price of £990" which was £300 more than the premium pre-accident. i said bollocks and found current insurance company who matched the original £600 knowing i had the accident. been with ecarinsurance ever since and their bloody brill!

When I stacked the Ibiza (WHICH IS BACK ON THE FUCKING ROAD ) they ended the insurance on it the second they got news it was a write off. And did you go through insurance when you took the other car off the road? Did they pay out for it?

[Edited on 30-01-2008 by pow]
Tom J
Premium Member

30th Jan 08 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom J
i would fix that myself and not go through insurance...

just re-read it, if the person you went into is claiming then may aswell go through insurance, shouldnt write it off for that much damage, whats the book price of your car?
Fonz
Premium Member

30th Jan 08 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

When I stacked the Ibiza (WHICH IS BACK ON THE FUCKING ROAD ) they ended the insurance on it the second they got news it was a write off. And did you go through insurance when you took the other car off the road? Did they pay out for it?

[Edited on 30-01-2008 by pow]

Endliegh (comapny i was with when i had accident) paid for the whole lot, removal taking it off the road the whole thing, can gave me £750 back after my excess. all i was trying to point out is that not ALL companies will end your policy. mine didnt and for £50 let me continue my policy til the end of the 12months with the replacement car
Nismo

30th Jan 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not a write off imo!

Easily fixed!
aron

30th Jan 08 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing is... i would definately pay for the damage to the picasso i hit (probs only £200-£300 damage)

but he's a VICAR!! i would think he's going to claim... (god might smite him if he doesn't?) therefore i'll have to do the same

if it goes thru insurance then they will no doubt write it off - leaving me at a big loss.

but there is no f*cking way i'm letting them have my irmscher interior bits and spax - i'm insured for it but i know that won't be added to the value.

never had an accident in 4 years before this either
Tom J
Premium Member

30th Jan 08 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aron
the thing is... i would definately pay for the damage to the picasso i hit (probs only £200-£300 damage)

but he's a VICAR!! i would think he's going to claim... (god might smite him if he doesn't?) therefore i'll have to do the same

if it goes thru insurance then they will no doubt write it off - leaving me at a big loss.

but there is no f*cking way i'm letting them have my irmscher interior bits and spax - i'm insured for it but i know that won't be added to the value.

never had an accident in 4 years before this either

ask him if he would be willing to settle it without going through insurance, its worth a try

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » written off? 23 database queries in 0.0224190 seconds