corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » LEDs for MFD and speedo lights?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LEDs for MFD and speedo lights?
16V_1600

User status: Offline
29th Jan 08 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anywhere you can get some quality LED screw in jobs that are as good as the standard lighting?

All the LEDs I have had have a dodgy connection and are no where near as good as the stock bulbs. For example, having to fiddle around with them to get them to work, unlike the stock bulbs, screw in job's good.

The ones I bought were off ebay. Is there anywhere that sells screw in LEDs that you just "screw in" and that's it? No fiddling?

I had blue LEDs in my old speedo and it took me ages to get them to have a good connection so they'd work

Cheers guys
16V_1600

30th Jan 08 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

morning bump
Fonz
Premium Member

30th Jan 08 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got mine from eBay.....they work and not too many probs. i ended up soldering mine in place and had no trouble since! try find the right supplier
16V_1600

30th Jan 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
i got mine from eBay.....they work and not too many probs. i ended up soldering mine in place and had no trouble since! try find the right supplier

cheers mate

will try ultraleds
mattk

30th Jan 08 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine from CrazyLEDs they were shit hot
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jan 08 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Ren

31st Jan 08 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone tell me what the stock LEDs are? (such as a code or picture etc) I havent had a chance to open it up as my MFD lights need replacing, but I wanna buy them before I unbolt everything. It's a Corsa C if it makes any difference

EDIT: One of these maybe? Maplins

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by Ren]
16V_1600

31st Jan 08 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk

Just ordered a corsa B kit from crazyleds
Oddjob

4th Jun 08 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guys I've recently moved from another Corsa website where I sold really good (not my description) plug and play LEDs. LEDs are a sort of hobby of mine, I just love fitting them where they ain't supposed to be.
I sold each plug and play LED for £1 inc P&P. I can make virtually any colour and I understand what type of LED is best suited for the job, with LEDs one size doesn't fit all, you choose the one best suited to the unit your fitting it in.

Here are some examples of my work
Astra G MFD--10 LEDs inside it, will be changed soon for 12 LEDs.

Astra G heater unit

Headlight switch

My speedo, done a few of these. Some are better than others, this is an early conversion and has since been surpassed by 2 newer versions.

Corsa C clocks

Astra G white clocks

Not saying I'm touting for work, I'm not. However if you have a project you'd like to try then let me know and I may be able to help.

Oh and BTW, my plug and plays fit perfectly. Never had a complaint yet.

[Edited on 04-06-2008 by Oddjob]

New Poll