corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fitness freaks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitness freaks
marklaruk

User status: Offline
31st Jan 08 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whos the fitness guys on here?

Want to ask them afew questions

thx guys
smack

31st Jan 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do alot of exersise,fitness stuff, not at gym stuff tho?
dna23

31st Jan 08 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Myself
Carl
Jake
AdZ9
SetH
Craig W

Sure there's others... Sports Day might help as well
marklaruk

31st Jan 08 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just asking as about 4 or 5 months ago i got into running usually went for about 30 mins to an hour about 5 days a week.

Soon got a cold and my skin is sensetive so i stopped it for a couple of month but i had lost abit of weight (i was overweight, not much like but enough to make me feel uncomfortable).

Anyway got in to the old running again a couple of weeks ago and i seem to have got back into it quite well. I'm currently running about 4.5-5 miles in 40 mins. Might not be a shadow on others, but i'm happy with it and i have lost abit more weight.

I currently weight 11stone (about 68kg) and i am about 5.8 (about 177cm) which i think is about right.

Anyway wanting to build up my muscles abit on my chest (especially pecs as they are abit manboobish ), arms etc and all i have at the minute is a set of dumbbells lol... now i know to really go to town on my muscles i should be going to the gym, which i'm going to do soon. I know push ups are a great with the pecs and arms.

Also needing help on nutrition and food supplements that can be taken as i have absolutely no idea with all that kind of stuff haha! Best stuff to take before running or after etc etc.

Thanks
Paul_J

31st Jan 08 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

building muscle on the chest may change the shape slightly, but made also push the fat out further on the chest, making it even worse with the manboobness..

Try losing more weight to get rid of the fat on your chest if your bothered about it.
marklaruk

31st Jan 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gona keep on with the running... what kinda weight would you say get down to?
Rebecca

31st Jan 08 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cardio, cardio, cardio!
Paul_J

31st Jan 08 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklaruk
im gona keep on with the running... what kinda weight would you say get down to?

Weight is irrelevant. It's to do with your own body, body fat.

Get a body fat % test done. Make sure you do cardio / weight loss style exercising, on a seperate day to when you are doing weights / bulking up - or you'll probably burn off everything that would be needed to rebuild the muscles when trying to do massive amounts of cardio.

I'd imagine doing some chest exercises will help as it will tone / give a bit of shape, but if your current problem is man boobs (excess fat on chest area) doing exercises in that region won't rid the fat.
marklaruk

31st Jan 08 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm this is all very helpful thanks alot m8.

any websites you would recommend for a novice like me to read up on?
AdZ9

1st Feb 08 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.muscletalk.co.uk
www.bodybuilding.com
www.rosstraining.com

All good for information.

Its a crap idea to keep losing weight with your current physique, you won't look any better you'll just be a smaller version of yourself now. If you've never done proper weight training then your body willl react well to it for the first 6 months or so.

Get a proper weight routine and doing Cardio at least 3 times a week and you'll drop fat but also be starting to gain some muscle. All comes down to nutrition to, working out is the easy part its the other 20 odd hours in the day that makes or breaks you.

Go on the sites listed and take a look, on Muscletalk there are alot of articles which explain a hell of alot, read alot of the forums etc and spend a good week absorbing the knowledge and get a proper plan down before you start. If you don't you'll quit a few days in, its all about motivation and goals (short and long term)
RyanSxi

1st Feb 08 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adz, how come its always said that cardio only makes you the same but smaller (skinny fat etc) yet alot of people I know do only cardio (football etc) and are in decent shape. yet havn't touched a weight in there lives? I've always wondered this thats all
Carl

1st Feb 08 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklaruk

Anyway got in to the old running again a couple of weeks ago and i seem to have got back into it quite well. I'm currently running about 4.5-5 miles in 40 mins. Might not be a shadow on others, but i'm happy with it and i have lost abit more weight.

Thats good going that, i'm only doing 6.5k in 40 mins at the moment.
You don't need no bodyfat rubbish doing, just use the mirror, stick at the cardio though, got to remember the heart is the most important muscle in your body. Also how many runners with man boobs do you see? or the opposite, how many women runners have tits?!
AdZ9

1st Feb 08 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
Adz, how come its always said that cardio only makes you the same but smaller (skinny fat etc) yet alot of people I know do only cardio (football etc) and are in decent shape. yet havn't touched a weight in there lives? I've always wondered this thats all

Because its going on the basis that the person doesn't have much muscle mass underneath so when they lose the fat they are just left with a smaller version of themselves (skinny fat). Some people are blessed with good genetics and naturally have a good physique, some get it from their work etc.

You could lose weight and have hardly any fat, but then you'd have a flat pigeon chest which will look like your anorexic. Where as if you weight train or have a manual labour job you'll generally be using muscle and building it etc and be left with chest muscles (pecs). That defines a good physique to a skinny fat physique.

When i have a chance later i'll try find an example of physiques, i cant at work as i don't want to be browsing a bodybuilding site with pics of half naked men
RyanSxi

1st Feb 08 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers

just wondered thats all as ive never really undertood the reasoning behind it
AdZ9

1st Feb 08 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its like having a massive shell which looks amazing but it has a mini metro engine, no matter how much you cut away the shell and make it lighter etc its still only got a mini metro engine.

But if you had say a LET (keep it corsa related) under a big shell, you'd cut away at the shell to make it lighter but be left with a powerful engine

You get me? (God my analogies rock)
RyanSxi

1st Feb 08 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i get what you mean
Mather.16v

1st Feb 08 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
Its like having a massive shell which looks amazing but it has a mini metro engine, no matter how much you cut away the shell and make it lighter etc its still only got a mini metro engine.

But if you had say a LET (keep it corsa related) under a big shell, you'd cut away at the shell to make it lighter but be left with a powerful engine

You get me? (God my analogies rock)

thats one way of explaning it
AdZ9

1st Feb 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i should be some sort of philosopher

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fitness freaks 23 database queries in 0.0194008 seconds