corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day: Protien/Carb Suppliments

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym Day: Protien/Carb Suppliments
Laney

User status: Offline
1st Feb 08 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Atm I use cheap-o brand from the local healthfood shop and I'm considering spending a little more on something a bit more worthwhile.

The reason I take it is mainly down to training 4 times a week (mainly pushups/situps and cardio from kickboxing) and generally wanting to bulk a bit, plus I find its the only thing I can really stomach when I first get up.

The guy in the shop keeps suggesting Maximuscle, but I'm guessing thats to do with the fact is twice the price! Its not that I mind paying, its just I wanna make sure its actually right for me? ie not a waste of money!

Thoughts?
A1EX

1st Feb 08 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sort your diet out minaly before deciding on what supplements you want to be using as that is exactly what they are "supplements" your diet needs to be spot on first.
Laney

1st Feb 08 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A1EX
sort your diet out minaly before deciding on what supplements you want to be using as that is exactly what they are "supplements" your diet needs to be spot on first.

I was asking if branded stuff is, in peoples experience/opinion, more worthwhile than non-branded? I know what their use is
radicalry00

1st Feb 08 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex is right, sort out the structure of your diet first. Plenty of meats/fish like chicken, pork, mackerel and salmon. Also plenty of low GI carbs such as oats, wholegrain rice and sweet potatoes.

Protein and carb shakes should only be used upon waking and before/ after workouts IMO. The rest should be sourced from solid foods. Plenty of fibrous vegetables like brocolli and cabbage.

Also, I wouldn't buy maximuscle products. They do what they say on the label but at double the price of competitors. Optimum Nutrition/Reflex products are better IMO. Currently I use myprotein.co.uk which I don't think you can beat for the price.
Laney

1st Feb 08 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by radicalry00
Protein and carb shakes should only be used upon waking and after workouts IMO

For the record, thats when I'm taking them
AdZ9

1st Feb 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reflex instant whey is what i use, i've tried others but always go back to Reflex. The Choc-mint flavour is the best ever
Tom A

1st Feb 08 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use maximuscle mate, promax extreme, a bit expensive, but i've found it by far the best of them all. Great flavour, i've bulked out quite a lot since starting it as well. But the diet is important though, you should try and get around 75% of your dialy protein intake from food, and the other 25% from supplements. But i would definately recommend Maximuscle mate.
csweatherston

2nd Feb 08 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use bulk powders and myprotein. com
this way i know exactly what im getting, without all the unnecessary added extras.

- relfex instant whey, 22g of protein per 2x25g scoops, hmm....
whats the rest then?
radicalry00

2nd Feb 08 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csweatherston
i use bulk powders and myprotein. com
this way i know exactly what im getting, without all the unnecessary added extras.

- relfex instant whey, 22g of protein per 2x25g scoops, hmm....
whats the rest then?

Carbs and fat? No whey is 100% protein.
csweatherston

3rd Feb 08 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, even pure whey isnt 100% protein, yes whey contains the most AA's compared to other sources,..
for the perfect protein you need 22aa's whey has 18-19
depending on what the source is.

reflex use dygesteme and lactospore to bulk the bowder out

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day: Protien/Carb Suppliments 23 database queries in 0.0093131 seconds