corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Carlton LSD fits F16 and F20 Gearboxes?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carlton LSD fits F16 and F20 Gearboxes?
stan_the_man

User status: Offline
6th Feb 08 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read on Novaload that a Carlton estate (C24NE) rear LSD (Standard fit on these) fits into an F16 and F20 box.

This is the Dutch guys post...

quote:

Hello you all,

because i want to help my fellow members i have a tip for all who want get an LSD but not want to pay lots of money for it! The story bellow is only for the people who use an F16 or F20 gearbox.

What you need, is to find the last series of the first type Omega caravan 2.4i In the last 6 months of it's production opel/vauxhall fitted these models with an factory 25% LSD. If you are lucky the label with the text "only special oil" or "nur special Öl" will still be hanging on the diffhousing.
The inner cv joints from this Omega are exact the same as those used on the F20!! If you found it and take it out you can udjust the amount of slip! This is done by using other sizes of shims! This way you can easly bring it up to max 80 to 90%. These % is way to high for the frontwheel driven cars and therfor only used by manta's etc. However, an 40% LSD on an nova is very, very nice! Ones you have set to the right amount of slip you can built it in to your gearbox easly, because it an direct fit!

This is the reason why i drive Opel!! take the parts from different models, shake it a bit, and you have an cheap race car

Might be worth a look...
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Feb 08 at 01:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting, now to find one?

What year is he talking there - 93 ish? Late K / early L?
stan_the_man

6th Feb 08 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads up EPC.....

Edit: Omega A (carlton) ran from 87-94 so yeah L reggy.

[Edited on 06-02-2008 by stan_the_man]
Ryk

6th Feb 08 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My guess is there might be a shortage of scrapped Carlton boxes soon, not that there common already of course

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Carlton LSD fits F16 and F20 Gearboxes? 22 database queries in 0.0107689 seconds