corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Far Too Many W*nk*rs...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Far Too Many W*nk*rs...
Timbaland
Banned

User status: Offline
13th Feb 08 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might not have been on here any where as long as alot of you but one thing that is really starting to piss me off is people ruining sales in 'Parts Offered' forum.

This has not been against me as i have nothing for sale, But iv looked at very few ad's today and noticed almost all of them have some sort of negativity/slander against the seller or item which could potentially stop the item being sold.

The main one being ' I can get it cheaper elsewhere'. If you can get it cheaper else where , Go fucking get it there. Different places have different quality's and therefor prices will vary.

Corsasport, without a doubt is the fastest moving forum i use , And i use alot.

Classifieds has different stuff in it ALL the time and offers great bargains.

I have my opinion on things in here and sometimes they are harsh, yes. But when classifieds comes into it and i keep out as thats real buisness and negative opinions should be kept to themselves.

I know its not my site , Im not premium and iv only been here a short while but there are really genuine guys trying to sell stuff just to get money like we all do and the few dickheads that lurk in the shadows are ruining it for these poor guys with stupid shit like;

" LOLZ , My uncle Benny can get them from his work for £250, but you have to get them from the bin behind Dixons."

Some of you may agree with what i have said, Some of you may not but this has just pissed me off so much that i thought i'd raise it.

Rant over.

[Edited on 14-02-2008 by mav]
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Feb 08 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We changed policy in Cars Offered for exactly the same reason. The rules are there but they're not adhered to and its difficult to enforce if people don't report them.

I'll gladly take a look at any offending threads and can also reprimand users.

We could also change policy in there to make things a little easier although I wasn't a fan of doing it in CO and I really consider this a last step in PO.
jambo166

13th Feb 08 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair comment totaly agree
Timbaland
Banned

13th Feb 08 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its your site and by all means im not telling you how to run it but its ashem that a few people will probably be reluctant to sell on here due to the shit they receive in return.

I dont sell much, if atall in PO, But i feel there are always a good range of stuff to buy which could easily be ruined.

Thanks for reading.
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Feb 08 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe it would be best if parts offered forum was like cars offered, no one can reply..any one taking interest in parts can take it up with seller via U2U?
Rob B

13th Feb 08 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not do this in that lad's seats thread ?

I can buy two seats and get them retrimmed cheaper than that i think it was ....
Timbaland
Banned

13th Feb 08 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by red_top
Maybe it would be best if parts offered forum was like cars offered, no one can reply..any one taking interest in parts can take it up with seller via U2U?

Its a shame it has to happen as the site has run this way since i can remember , but i feel it's the best way mate.

again, Not my site, Just dont want to see CorsaSport go down like alot of other sites.

Im a dickhead in alot of topics, But there is no place for it in Classifieds.
Timbaland
Banned

13th Feb 08 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
Did you not do this in that lad's seats thread ?

I can buy two seats and get them retrimmed cheaper than that i think it was ....

H wasnt selling them , He said he was going to arrange a group buy...Otherwise it would have been in Classifieds.

I'll edit my reply's in that thread and apologise if im wrong.
Rob B

13th Feb 08 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i agree, im just saying it was negative in my eyes in terms of he was trying to give us a good product at a cheaper than RRP price.
Timbaland
Banned

13th Feb 08 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
No i agree, im just saying it was negative in my eyes in terms of he was trying to give us a good product at a cheaper than RRP price.

No , Fair enough, I agree with you 100%.
ed

13th Feb 08 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why can't we just do the sensible thing and not allow replies on posts for items for sale. There is no need for public discussion is there, or does the u2u system not work for asking questions about parts for sale?
Timbaland
Banned

13th Feb 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Why can't we just do the sensible thing and not allow replies on posts for items for sale. There is no need for public discussion is there, or does the u2u system not work for asking questions about parts for sale?

Arctic_Monkey

13th Feb 08 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happened on strathycruise as well did it not? As far as I know they have blocked all replies to for sale threads, for a couple of years now.
Dean_W

13th Feb 08 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If someone has somehting constructive. i.e. will this fit a such and such, then I think ti would be better to have that in a thread rather than the seller being bombarded with u2u's of the same question.
Timbaland
Banned

13th Feb 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
If someone has somehting constructive. i.e. will this fit a such and such, then I think ti would be better to have that in a thread rather than the seller being bombarded with u2u's of the same question.

Yeah, Was thinking that just there. Constructive comments could be allowed, Maybe a Classifieds moderator, That way maybe even Cars Offered could be opened to replies again.
16V_1600

13th Feb 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Timbaland
I might not have been on here any where as long as alot of you but one thing that is really starting to piss me off is people ruining sales in 'Parts Offered' forum.

This has not been against me as i have nothing for sale, But iv looked at very few ad's today and noticed almost all of them have some sort of negativity/slander against the seller or item which could potentially stop the item being sold.

The main one being ' I can get it cheaper elsewhere'. If you can get it cheaper else where , Go fucking get it there. Different places have different quality's and therefor prices will vary.

Corsasport, without a doubt is the fastest moving forum i use , And i use alot.

Classifieds has different stuff in it ALL the time and offers great bargains.

I have my opinion on things in here and sometimes they are harsh, yes. But when classifieds comes into it and i keep out as thats real buisness and negative opinions should be kept to themselves.

I know its not my site , Im not premium and iv only been here a short while but there are really genuine guys trying to sell stuff just to get money like we all do and the few dickheads that lurk in the shadows are ruining it for these poor guys with stupid shit like;

" LOLZ , My uncle Benny can get them from his work for £250, but you have to get them from the bin behind Dixons."

Some of you may agree with what i have said, Some of you may not but this has just pissed me off so much that i thought i'd raise it.

Rant over.

Agree totally mate, if you ain't interested don't post slating the guys price.

Valid post.
Dean_W

13th Feb 08 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Timbaland
quote:

Yeah, Was thinking that just there. Constructive comments could be allowed, Maybe a Classifieds moderator, That way maybe even Cars Offered could be opened to replies again.

I would agree, there are some people who will vouch for a car like saying lots of work gone into it, or better in the metal etc.

A full time classified moderator would help I think.
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Feb 08 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I totally agree, sometimes if you read a post and more than 1 person can vouch that the car is mint, been properly looked after etc it often helps the seller get a quick sale, a CO and PO moderator is a great idea.
Paul_J

13th Feb 08 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Exactly! the key reason YOU NEED responses on for sale adverts is that the poor bastard selling the thing will constantly get people asking similar things all the time... plus it's hard for people interested in buying to guage how many people are interested and what other people's offers have been previously.
X 60RSA

13th Feb 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 13-02-2008 by X 60RSA]
16V_1600

13th Feb 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X 60RSA
I think all for sale adverts should be locked and its done though pm only.

Timbaland
Banned

13th Feb 08 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X 60RSA
I think all for sale adverts should be locked and its done though pm only.

I disagree.

[Edited on 13-02-2008 by Timbaland]
Rob H

13th Feb 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my opinion, If people give the "My uncle Benny can get them from his work for £250, but you have to get them from the bin behind Dixons." style responses, and it's pretty obvious they're talking shit/not helping then they are generally ignored.

I know i've posted links to identical new stuff that's been cheaper than whats being offered Second hand before - not to be malicious, but to inform the seller that their price is unrealistic .

Case in point - on one of the VXR forums some chap was trying to sell a 12 month old exhuast for about £20 less than what anyone could get a new one delivered to their door for, yet couldn't understand why it wouldnt sell!
James_DT

13th Feb 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could there not be some form of user-moderation, almost like on Digg. Each post in CO/PO has a button that a user can click if they think that it's a pointless post. Then when enough users, say 10, have clicked it then the post is hidden by default and automatically flagged up to the moderators. That's probably a bit of work to add, though.
Fonz
Premium Member

13th Feb 08 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i said before in the CO discussion, give the seller moderation rights for their own advert.

only in terms of deletion rather than editting but removes the crap....not sure how easy this would be to adopt but would allow for easy thread cleaning

just my suggestion

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Far Too Many W*nk*rs... 22 database queries in 0.0139511 seconds