corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa and cavalier projects

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa and cavalier projects
sri_davie

User status: Offline
15th Feb 08 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st ones my own wee project

wee r plate corsa 1.0 12v thingy which i got for free off a mate which was nice, no v5 yet so has to be known as the 1.0 thingy until it gets dropped off.

these where taken the day it was dropped off, well towed and dumped.

sadly this in my eyes is not an engine so stripped and removed and filed neatly behind my house.

then a wee trip to ayrshire for engine mounts so that my next freebie could be fitted, the engine thanks to corsabid for the mounts and also the v6 cavalier brakes for all round well chuffed

grotty engine had been in the back of the car for a week so off to motoring world at the barras for some spray gunk and a paint brush and a few hours later it looked like this

going to change lots of parts but one thing ill leave is this

2nd is this cavy 4x4 n/a (bit rare)

started off like this.

now that cavy bits are that bit rarer its cheaper to buy a spare car so this was bought

first thing was to strip the grey one of its goodies, now i love the gsi cavy and would never kill a good one but this one was possibly the worst ive seen

pics of the state of the car

drivers rear

passengerside rear

drivers inner arch

passengers inner arch

now that the grey ones stripped its time to get on with the black one

lol some nick

question how do you get a door off if the pins are busted thats right cut out the whole door post

now that theres feck all left of the grey car its a case of rebuild the black car

poor thing on pallets but i had to test the 4x4 somehow.

plans for the corsa are simple full interior getting stripped out and it will have 2 gsi cavy seats(funny that) and harnesses for now, once the engines all piped in its getting v6 discs all round and keeping the 5 stud conversion which thanks to darren at colourscene i now have rims to fit on here

the cavy lol well where do i start its getting a bit more time spent on it ive had ot replace the

tailgate
bonnet
rear passengerside door
bin the interior and fit diplomat leather and replace all interior trim including the headcloth
new dash and all new switches
new suspension
poly bushes all round
new brakes all round
fitted a new engine complete with coscast head

ill update as i go on

davie

and still got tons to do to it

[Edited on 26-02-2008 by sri_davie]
sri_davie

15th Feb 08 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good news for the locals the grey cavalier is due for shipping to the big vauxhall carpark in the sky its done its job well, so scrappy guy should be round to take whats left of the grey shell away to get crushed, which leaves more time to work on the black one plan is to get the blakc one to look as genuine as possible, this is the car when he got it off its old ebay auction and to be fair it looks rank so now its getting all the genuine panels refitted so it looks standard and clean again

got bored today so went and stripped some stuff out the corsa and fitted some coolant pipes and engine loom

first the engine held inplace with these mounts from corsabid

so out came some bits, notice how tidy i am

now that theres more room in her i managed to drag out some of the other bits i bought for her

full front cavalier v6 uprights with brakes

and the rear brakes unbolted right off the axle

big chucky driveshafts

and since i dont want the car to stick out to much ive got these which are a bit tatty but i got 5 of them and 4 centre caps for free out of my mates work (thanks to darren@colourscene)

not bad lookingi n there

and out of all the stuff these are my favorite things since it was my birthday on monday and the missis knows how much i love corsas she got me these

more soon as ive been ketting to lazy

davie

[Edited on 15-02-2008 by sri_davie]

Charlton

16th Feb 08 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool projects keep us updated m8 btw i love fan blades
recarouk

16th Feb 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had fanblades on my corsa love them.

and that cav will be nice put back to standard, keep up the good work
Ste L

16th Feb 08 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 stud conversion on the corsa?
sri_davie

16th Feb 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate, wanted to do it to one before but time was against me but this time all the bits seem to be falling in my lap

davie
sri_davie

17th Feb 08 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got bored today didnt do much to the trusty corsa right enough

front has been like a storeroom for all my parts and tools etc so had to give it a tidy

the hellhole

once the crap was out i noticed the seats where hummin with dirt and mould so out they came
1 out

lonely shit corsa seat waiting for runners to be removed

for a change they were so easy to get out not a chewed torque bolt in sight

got my cavalier sri steering wheel in there to replace the standard wheel its no smaller but so much better looking

well on to the cavalier

first the parts lol we have taken over my mates mums garage which keeping in mind theres a stripped and chopped up rusty cavalier lying in one cornder of the drive and a half stripped cavalier in the other needless to say its not went down to well

the door will post lol need to remove the post and get the door on

the old door sports this lovely speed hole

parts parts parts so many parts more parts than we need to be honest

some grey bumpers which are the ones ill be fitting

some red bumpers which where bought cause the foggies are mint

and who remembers the chameleon cavalier???
this one

well heres where the kit ended up

no idea whats going to happen to that maybe cut up and lobbed in the wheelie bin

so now to the car which thank fuck has wheels on it now

its interior lol

as i forgot all my tools today i did some small jobs, first was to start refitting the interior, carpets went in still boggin,
cant get the staff these days my mate was ment to have them spotless for refitting

in went a bit of the rear seats

and some door cards, since there was never a key to open its front doors i went a head and fitted the locks from the grey cavy, when i stripped the locks i found not one of the rods was connected and everything was taped to the wires for the central locking, so now its got a bit of seat fitted, 3 doorcards fitted untill the grey door gets fitted and doors that lock, wooo hooo

n/s front spent ages trying to get it all perfect,

and the drivers rear

interior trim in the grey car was pretty good and came with all the kerb lights which was a bonus for us

grubby engine bay needs alternator refitted,pas pump and bracket refitted, and some wiring tidied then it can be started i hope lol

davie

[Edited on 18-02-2008 by sri_davie]

[Edited on 18-02-2008 by sri_davie]
B3KAN

18th Feb 08 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 projects, your keen

Nice work so far, keep it up
sri_davie

18th Feb 08 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its actually only 2 of 3 but the others french so i wont waste everyones time, id have posted the pics on your site as well mate but ive lost all my log in details and havent been able to log in for ages

davie
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Feb 08 at 00:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing with cavs IMO is the more standard the better, cant go wrong with a standard cav gsi on blades or slabs.
SVM 286

18th Feb 08 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my good god! The rust on the grey one.
sri_davie

18th Feb 08 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i said lol

first time i seen it i had to laugh, it looked all chaved up, but now ive got most of the gay crap off and going to get it looking standard and respectable, not sure about the wheels on it yet i thought 15s or 16s but time will tell cause they need 2 tyres anyway

davie
sri_davie

18th Feb 08 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SVM 286 it came from a wee town by the sea and was delivered on a lowloader, i think the guy dragged it out the sea cause ive never seen one that bad before

d
jr

18th Feb 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that gsi
sri_davie

18th Feb 08 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol

davie
sri_davie

19th Feb 08 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ditched the old seats as they were plastered in mould fitted these for now out the grey cavalier gsi

davie
little_duke

19th Feb 08 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inner boulster wear?
sri_davie

19th Feb 08 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol innerish mate i swopped the seats over so that the ugly worn bolsters where in the inside rather then getting worse where they should be

davie
Corsa_Scotty

19th Feb 08 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good davie they will both be stunning once they are finished!!!

Good Progress
sri_davie

19th Feb 08 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, im out just now doing some wiring when i cut and pulled the 1.0 wiring through i pulled 2 wires that i shouldnt have so now need to get them fed back through into the engine bay, fucking pain in the arse but needs to be done

davie
sri_davie

20th Feb 08 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now that the wires are fed through i can get on with other this, i was working on anoher 2.0 corsa which ive posted up in the for sale section if anyones looking for a cheap project

davie
sri_davie

24th Feb 08 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well to add to my freebies list i got a throttle plate, ecotec pipe, airflow meter, fuel pipe, and induction kit for free and i also got some other work done on the old cavalier

davie
sri_davie

25th Feb 08 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt get much done on sunday

steering coloum came off the black gsi

wasnt going to replace it, but when i removed the centre of the old steering wheel i was faced with this, there was no bolt holding the wheel in place and you couldnt have got one on it, safe or what.

old vs new

nice and snug and all bolted in

door cards lol it may be just me but i love when its time to start putting bits back on the car lol

in the shed we found this, a subtle part to add to the collection both of us had forgot about this which was bought off german ebay about a year ago and left in its wee box

davie

[Edited on 25-02-2008 by sri_davie]
sri_davie

25th Feb 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

freebies cant beat more freebies

so far my list of freebies is

the car, the engine, the cdx rims, cavy seats, steering wheel, throttle body plate, airflow meter, fuel pipe and k&n induction kit

todays bits
forgot to pick up the throttle body plate so need to remember that nest time and since i was bored i made up some small plates, nothing fancy in the vain attempt to make them not so illegal looking lol

davie

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa and cavalier projects 23 database queries in 0.0171750 seconds