corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Management Light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Management Light
readerk

User status: Offline
   18th Feb 08 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was -4 this morning and i was sat in traffic - the EML came on then i braked and it went off? Any reason why it would do this. It has done it before just flicked on and flicked off?!

I am not misfiring and have lost no power etc?
Fonz
Premium Member

18th Feb 08 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the 2yrs6mnths i owned my car it has often had the EML flicker, come on for some time (5-10sec) but always disappeared.

check your car manual and it will say this is normal (eg for what ever reason a sensor may not be recieving information) only if it is on permanently should you worry
Ricky352

18th Feb 08 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woudnt worry about it unless it was on constantly, and if it does come on constantly you will need to get a diagnostic check done mate.
readerk

18th Feb 08 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brill thanks chaps - was a bit concerned but as it has done it before when it was freezing just wanted to check!

New Poll