corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Updated with problem#7 : Just bought a 2000 W Corsa CDX 1.4 - Can you help with my fixit list please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Updated with problem#7 : Just bought a 2000 W Corsa CDX 1.4 - Can you help with my fixit list please
joebongo

User status: Offline
18th Feb 08 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car was great coming home - had it up to the speed limit very easily and was grinning all the way back (40 miles). I reckon I'm gonna enjoy this car, but I did buy it for the missus to learn in.

So the only things I can see so far (and I have searched for most of these but can't find em):

1. FIXED: The LED display in the middle where you enter radio codes, have the date showing and the tuning for the radio, goes really quite dim when I put the lights on. Is this normal? Back to brightly lit when lights are off.

2. The leftmost backlight on the heater centre console is off, so I am wondering if there's a guide anyone can point me to as to how to change it. It's the A/C model and I read here from my searches this makes it more difficult.

3. FIXED: The lights behind the speedo/rev/fuel are working, but I find them very dim, and no switch I can see to brighten it up. Do I need new bulbs? Is there a switch I've missed? There's only the button to reset the trip counter I can see.

4. The electric mirror 4-way switch on the driver door is a bit touch and go. It works, just, but it's really temperamental. Is this a DIY change or a main dealer job?

5. FIXED: It didn't come with the car pass or whatever it's called in the handbook. I have the radio code but that's all. Do I need to get main dealer to give me some other codes? Will the keys just do?

6. FIXED: There's one key fob with a button, and one without. The button one (a single round button) doesn't have a battery in and I can't find on the web what battery I need for it. Can anyone tell me which battery I need please?

UPDATE:

7. Windscreen washers not working (water in reservior, pump making the right noises, no water either dripping onto floor or coming from spray nozzles). Haven't had chance to search or play with the system in daylight, but I suspect the pump isn't connected to the pipes that go to the front and back screens. Having said that, if it was only the tubes not being on, the pump would pump water out and I would see it on the ground wouldn't I?

Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Cheers from a happy new (sort of) Corsa owner

Joe

[Edited on 18-02-2008 by joebongo]

[Edited on 22-02-2008 by joebongo]

[Edited on 22-02-2008 by joebongo]
jamer1001

18th Feb 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi buddy...Might be able to help you out on a few points

1. Yes this is normal...3. There should be a small wheel like button on the far right of the car just underneath the headlight switches. This adjusts the brightness of the lights behind the speedo etc...so move it as far to the right as possible to make the lights more bright

4. Mine is like this too...don't really know what to do about it, so would be also be grateful for any advice on this

Don't really know about points 2 & 5, but i'm sure someone'll be able to help you out

Oh, and regarding the keyfob, the button is just for an led that's built into the key for finding your lock in the dark etc...i don't know if you can change the batteries or not because i think it's a sealed unit...but again others might be able to help.

Jamie.
ed

18th Feb 08 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2. http://www.c20xe.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=38827
luke85

18th Feb 08 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason for 1 and 3 is the wheel under the switch for your headlights, turn it to the right and they will brighten up when you put your lights on

2 Covered above

4. Can do it yourself if its the switch, Id get one from a scrap yard if your on a budget

5. yes if you have the radio code you will be ok

6. I wouldnt bother fixing the key unless your picky, its just a light to help you find the hole so to speak but its so dim when it works its useless anyway
ed

18th Feb 08 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why replace something like a switch that's broken with a part from the scrap yard? That's pretty dumb.
luke85

18th Feb 08 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Why replace something like a switch that's broken with a part from the scrap yard? That's pretty dumb.

Thats a matter of opinion really, Its quicker, cheaper and easier to get one from a scrap yard. They are hardly the type of thing that fails all the time
joebongo

20th Feb 08 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Many thanks for the replies dudes!

I have found the roller switch to control the dash light brightness (doh! but it was dark in my defence )

I had a look at the link for Cobra's guide (thanks) but it didn't have pictures anymore so I wondered if there was anyone who kept a copy of the article or something. I gave the centre vents a little push down and in but they felt pretty firm and don't want to knacker the console up. I've also seen one of the vents has one of the vertical fins out of sync/broken so I need to replace that as well or fix it on depending.

Unfortunately I'm waiting for the insurance documents to come so I can tax it; all I can do is look at it for now on the drive.

Cheers,

Joe
antnee

20th Feb 08 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=238883
joebongo

20th Feb 08 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one antnee

I have the air con model so am a bit twitchy about what to do about that knob as it's pulls out and also needs a lamp changing. Getting close to having enough info to have a go at this soon!

Thanks,

Joe
R Lee

21st Feb 08 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changing bulbs behind the center console is a bitch of a job. Prepare to have your hands slashed to pieces.
joebongo

22nd Feb 08 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking now the easiest (not the cheapest probly) option is to get me another whole HVAC unit and swap em out, rationale being if the air con bulb and switch can't be removed then the only way to get it done is to change it out.

Fixed:

Left to do:

2. Heater backlight

4. Electric mirror switch

Need to add a 7 now:

7. Windscreen washers not working (water in reservior, pump making the right noises, no water either dripping onto floor or coming from spray nozzles). Haven't had chance to search or play with the system in daylight, but I suspect the pump isn't connected to the pipes that go to the front and back screens. Having said that, if it was only the tubes not being on, the pump would pump water out and I would see it on the ground wouldn't I?

Cheers,

Joe

New Poll