corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP!! loss of power when driving!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP!! loss of power when driving!
simon179

User status: Offline
19th Feb 08 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.0 12v 98 breeze and lately it sems to keep losing power! mainly when cold i will be driving down the road and it will just lose power and my revs wont go over 2-3k to stop this i have to take out of gear and keep revving and then it will be fine for the rest of my trip jus the odd missfire!

its really embarrasin when you pull out of a junction and just cant go lol!

i klnow a few people who have had problems like this and never botherd fixing it but its starting to anoy me and want to sell the car after mot and would rather sell it working right!

i was thinking it may be the coil pack but they are quite exspensive to swap and not solve my problem!

please help

thanks si
C2RL R

19th Feb 08 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that not caused by the air fow meter? i may be wrong tho.
simon179

19th Feb 08 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

air flow creates flat spots! from wat ive read an gets through it thios is a total loss of power! it ont go higher an tehn will jus drop asif ur not on the accelerator alt all!

[Edited on 19-02-2008 by simon179]
corsasport_rob

20th Feb 08 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got the exact same problem with mine mate. does your engine managment light come on some times aswell? I was told that it could be the airflow sensor. If you unplug the sensor in the morning before you use it and then take it for a short drive you will prob know. I done it to mine and it run alot better. The only problem is the engine managment light will stay on while its unplugged.

New Poll