corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Old Trafford

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Old Trafford
ash87

User status: Offline
20th Feb 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got tickets for the FA cup quarter at OT in the pompey end
I have only been to old trafford when i was younger for a tour of the stadium and museum so will be my first time goin to a match thereand i'm buzzing about it (prays for an upset)

few questions.

whats parking like nearby for away fans? price etc?
does it get conjested after the game and should we expect delays at all to get out of manchester?
Is there much to do around the ground shops/eating wise? as we might stay on for a bit as its a 12.45ko.

any insight would be good
Robbo

20th Feb 08 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parking is available for anyone, usully about £5 IIRC

Yes VERY VERY congested after the match... not sure what this Manchester business is ab out though... Old Trafford is miles out of Manchester

PS no not much to do around the stadium other than karting or it is very close to the Trafford Cte
Marc

20th Feb 08 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can park in the surrounding car parks for about £7.50. All sign posted.

I've sat for 30 minutes before I moved once!

Lowry Museum and Trafford Centre not too far away.
ash87

20th Feb 08 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool cheers Robbo, i dunno where it is will get the tomtom out.

when i went with school it was the summer when Veron and Ruud signed i cant remember much tbh
strick206

20th Feb 08 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parking on the lowry outlet mall may be ok for you, its about 5 quid, but is a bit of a walk to the stadium, 15mins or so

Plus getting off from there isnt bad at all
eddiewhiteley

20th Feb 08 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can park on back streets for free around 10-15 mins walk from the ground, safe enough ,ive been going to ot since 1986 and never payed for parking once, and you can get away without being stuck in much traffic. park on any of the roads off davyhulme road north in stretford, near trafford park and its spot on
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always park at Daytona Karting, stop in at the Trafford Centre for a shop and curry before the match!

Trafford Centre is 2mins drive from Daytona, and once parked its a 5-10min walk to OT!

I was at the United vs Portsmouth league match and that c**t with the drum and cow bell right next to us!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
BigSte

21st Feb 08 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been a couple of times, last season we went to watch us lose!!...... We were doing great for town but as soon as we got on the big ring road we queued for ages and ended up missing the first 15 minutes so I'd leave plenty of time.

Good luck though mate...long trek for you from Pompey!
Toby
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always park down the road, bout 10 mins walk costs four quid and some chavs look after your car, its always bad trying to get out but i havent ever been stuck for much over 45 minutes before im back on the m6, whatever you do when you leave though is dont try and find shortcuts cos they all lead back to the same row, oh and watch your head in the away corner your surroned by united fans above you and at both sides
ash87

21st Feb 08 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for all the info guys

Daniel_Corsa - I got knocked over by the guy with the drum at one of our home games in the rush to leave, walked straight into the fucker

BigSte - we will need all the luck we can get i think, got 3800 fans goin rather than the 6000 we could have taken should make good voice tho, i live in wiltshire so only about 250 miles away, cant wait

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Old Trafford 24 database queries in 0.0150671 seconds