corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B CDX Washer Bottle Removal Problem?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B CDX Washer Bottle Removal Problem?
joebongo

User status: Offline
   23rd Feb 08 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've looked all through the forums and can't quite get my head round this one.

None of my washer jets are working, but water is in there and the motor makes the right noise.

I looked at the state of the bottle and I think it's fairly likely I have a small ecosystem growing in there, and I am hoping the reason for the block is gunk before the pump.

I checked the Hayne's manual and all I could find was the instructions for removing the bottle for a different version - I say this because the pictures didn't match and it said all I had to do was remove one screw and basically pull it out.

In my pictures (in the zip file linked below) you can see that there's a solid piece of machinery (dunno what it is lol) bolted down and is in the way. I have put white rings round the big blocking thing on one photo and have highlighted in the other where the bottle extends downward in a sort of swan neck to a lower reservoir. It's this swan neck that is covered by the big metal thing in question.

Anyone know how to remove this, and is it ok for a semi-noob to do?

Cheers,

Joe

http://www.uploading.com/files/OL1GYLPV/corsa.zip.html

Sorry for using this file host but can't seem to work out how to add images to my posts yet without them being uploaded.

[Edited on 23-02-2008 by joebongo]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

23rd Feb 08 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joe, use photobucket.com to upload photos next time, then people don't have to download them from you
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

23rd Feb 08 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, that big silver bit of machinery is your ABS pump, and to be honest I wouldn't feel comfortable moving it.

My first port of call would be to try to remove the piping that goes from the tank to the washer jets, as they are probably blocked. Once that is done, you may be able to use a hose to clean out the washer bottle in situ.
joebongo

23rd Feb 08 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the tip tom_simes I will do that in future.

The pipes are pretty far down and out of sight and reach below the ABS pump section. I think this one's best left to the pro's. Is this the kind of thing that can be trusted to a regular indy garage, or a full monty Vaux job?

New Poll