corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » few issues....gearbox mounts, coilover mounts......help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author few issues....gearbox mounts, coilover mounts......help
C20LET JUNKIE

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright folks.....anyone here got group N/Alloy rear gearbox mounts.....my xe rips them to bits every 1000 Miles......and thats std mounts filled with sikaflex............where do i get them, and are they worth it ??

secondly.....fitting spax coilovers with 240lb springs.....i want to be able to adjust camber, but dont want any dodgey cam bolts........so i want to get some adjustible top mounts........any thoughts/ideas....anyone got them.

thirdly......rear camber setup....im just about to pop the rear hubs off.......its 40mm dropped at the back, with 15 inch speedlines.......std offset.....I want quite a fair bit of -camber.......what thickness of washer should i be looking to put in there ???? anyone got any figures, or experience with it ?????

fourthly....rear brakes.......im planning on buying a wilwood prop vavle for the rear brakes....they lock up very early.......Am i correct in thinking that i can remove the std load sensing valve...run brake pipes to the dash and back, and put the wilwood valve in the dash ??????? or am i being silly ????

id rather not leave it under the car...and i dont fancy having to remove every brakeline on the car.......

thanks in advance folks
DAZ1985

2nd Mar 08 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris astley for the mounts
dave a for the ecentric top mounts to sort the camber
rear camber is fixed iirc
rear discs overkill imo
C20LET JUNKIE

2nd Mar 08 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry......should have stated this bit....its std rear drums......and its a well modified xe engine, in a stipped and caged track car...........who is dave............rear camber is fixed, but i'm planning to "shim" the lower 2 bolts out, to create negitive camber....im hoping someone can say " use this washer to get this much camber...

New Poll