corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need Help....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need Help....
Timbaland
Banned

User status: Offline
5th Mar 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My little brother passed his test yesterday and is obviously looking into getting a car. He has already bought a Mercedes Vito for work (he's a joiner) but wants his own car.

I logged onto here and went into Classifieds and let him look around.

Now he wants to get a red top Corsa for hisfirst car and keep it logged as a 1.2/1.4 etc.

He's only 17 and will make the same mistakes i have if he gets such a fast car albeit his first car.

How do i talk him out of it? He's not an idiot or as daft as me but if he gets a fast car and kills himself i wouldnt know what to do.

Any suggestions?
Dan Lewis

5th Mar 08 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy if he gets it report him simple, even if he is your brother a 2.0 corsa at 17 is a bad idea. and he has more chance of crashing it!

[Edited on 05-03-2008 by Dan Lewis]
Timbaland
Banned

5th Mar 08 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Lewis
easy if he gets it report him simple, even if he is your brother a 2.0 corsa at 17 is a bad idea. and he has more chance of crashing it!

[Edited on 05-03-2008 by Dan Lewis]

The reason i dont want him getting it is so he doesnt get into bother, My family have went through alot , things i wont go into, And i dont want any more upsets with Jamie crashing a car or getting done.
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Mar 08 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him if he crashes it registered as a 1.2/1.4 its not gunna be good, first year of driving, powerfull car not registered as it should be...and yeh in a 2.0 as his first car all hes gunna do is have his foot down all the time.
Haimsey
Premium Member

5th Mar 08 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him to buy a 1.2/1.4 and then do all the work himself? Make it more worth while in the end?

Other than that, having a 2.0 will just make him want to go fast and end up crashing through lack of experience IMO.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Timbaland
Banned

5th Mar 08 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey

Other than that, having a 2.0 will just make him want to go fast and end up crashing through lack of experience IMO.

He's not a bad person but just like the rest of us, Thats exactly what he'll do and it scares me.
Haimsey
Premium Member

5th Mar 08 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not just tell him that if he does crash he wont have a leg to stand on - be it for damage to the car, or to others.
Therefore costing him quite a bit of money, and messing up any chances of insurance in the future?

Edit: meaning it would be better to have a smaller car to start with.

[Edited on 05-03-2008 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

Timbaland
Banned

5th Mar 08 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Can you not just tell him that if he does crash he wont have a leg to stand on - be it for damage to the car, or to others.
Therefore costing him quite a bit of money, and messing up any chances of insurance in the future?

Edit: meaning it would be better to have a smaller car to start with.

[Edited on 05-03-2008 by Haimsey]

Tried that but he says he wont be daft with it, But all young drivers, myself included , are.

I dont want to play the 'Im telling Mum' card.
Haimsey
Premium Member

5th Mar 08 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a clue then

Other than telling him you cant wait for him to crash it so you can laugh at him Which may or may not help him.

Marcy Marc

Tommy L

5th Mar 08 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if he wants to be an idiot then there is nothing you can do tbh. He's 17 and will want to do what he wants.

All you can do is say what could happen, ie no leg to stand on with insurance, crash etc..

Get him to sign up here and state his intentions in GC and see what happens

He's young so let him make his own mistakes. You can advise him but whether he listens or not is another matter.
Haimsey
Premium Member

5th Mar 08 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom

Marcy Marc

Timbaland
Banned

5th Mar 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom

Thats the best idea yet actually.
Tommy L

5th Mar 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We'll pre order him a flame suit
Colin

5th Mar 08 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it to him the question, how would he like it if an uninsured driver crashed into him?

Together with:

Likelyhood of a new driver crashing a 2L corsa.

Likelyhood of getting done for having unvalid insurance.

Likelyhood of losing license, becoming a marked man on the ins database for committing fraud.

Possibility of getting sued by whoever he hits to recoup their losses.

FUCKED imo!
Colin

5th Mar 08 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or be a big Bro & give him a good kicking for being so stupid?
Scotty C

5th Mar 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tell him if he crashes and they find out it's a 2.0 they will not only make him pay out, but they will make HIM pay out for the damages to the other car(s) and trust me, that can get ugly. I'm assuming he hasen't got £1000's spare in the bank, so the insurance will take him to court to make him pay (including court costs), and he'll paying a debt off for a VERY long time. Not only all that, he'll obviously get banned too, and wont be able to get insuance on a 2CV.

So ask him - ''is this all worth it? and you'll proberly end up killing yourself anyway''

[Edited on 05-03-2008 by Monster]
Timbaland
Banned

5th Mar 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
To be honest, your brother sounds as retarded as you appear to be. Don't let your mother have any more children.

We're not retarded in anyway. I could guarentee he makes more than you do a year and done better in school than you.

Im not retarded either, Your judging me over a forum. Says alot about you. Dick.

Timbaland
Banned

5th Mar 08 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Monster
Just tell him if he crashes and they find out it's a 2.0 they will not only make him pay out, but they will make HIM pay out for the damages to the other car(s) and trust me, that can get ugly. I'm assuming he hasen't got £1000's spare in the bank, so the insurance will take him to court to make him pay (including court costs), and he'll paying a debt off for a VERY long time. Not only all that, he'll obviously get banned too, and wont be able to get insuance on a 2CV.

So ask him - ''is this all worth it? and you'll proberly end up killing yourself anyway''

[Edited on 05-03-2008 by Monster]

I'll keep that in mind, Some nice scare tactics there. Cheers.
Colin

5th Mar 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For someone so clever then he shows little common sense.

Ive got mates like that, one mate thats been through Uni etc yet had a joyriding habit while in his mid teens - his insurance humped him in the early years, now tho those points are off & hes on 60k a year driving an M3. Was a sore one for many years tho, he couldnt insure anything!!

I still think it would be a mistake for your Bro to get a 2L, would he be able to keep his job if he lost his license?

[Edited on 05-03-2008 by Colin]
Paul_J

5th Mar 08 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Timbaland
We're not retarded in anyway. I could guarentee he makes more than you do a year and done better in school than you.

Would be hard... my annual income is ... £0.

I'm a student, just about to graduate with (hopefully) a 1st in Applied Computer Science
Paul_J

5th Mar 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin

Ive got mates like that, one mate thats been through Uni etc yet had a joyriding habit while in his mid teens - his insurance humped him in the early years, now tho those points are off & hes on 60k a year driving an M3.

I'm actually curious as to firstly A ) what his 17 year old brother makes a year and B ) what his grades actually were I bet neither are as impressive as Timbaland makes out.
Timbaland
Banned

5th Mar 08 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Ive got mates like that, one mate thats been through Uni etc yet had a joyriding habit while in his mid teens - his insurance humped him in the early years, now tho those points are off & hes on 60k a year driving an M3.

I still think it would be a mistake for your Bro to get a 2L, would he be able to keep his job if he lost his license?

He's 17, Everyone wants a fast car dont they? He has common sense , He just thinks it will be fine.

Nah, He couldnt keep working if he lost his license, He travels all over Europe building DMR Kit Houses, so really needs a car. Hopefully he'll snap out of it when he see's running costs etc.
Timbaland
Banned

5th Mar 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:

I'm actually curious as to firstly A ) what his 17 year old brother makes a year and B ) what his grades actually were I bet neither are as impressive as Timbaland makes out.

It never said they were impressive, I said they will be better than yours.

To be honest, Iv got other things to do and your lame student talk isnt helping.

Less of the fucking U2U's aswell. If i want to talk to you, i'll u2u you.
Paul_J

5th Mar 08 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin

5th Mar 08 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Timbaland

He's 17, Everyone wants a fast car dont they? He has common sense , He just thinks it will be fine.

Nah, He couldnt keep working if he lost his license, He travels all over Europe building DMR Kit Houses, so really needs a car. Hopefully he'll snap out of it when he see's running costs etc.

True, however wanting & getting unlawfully is a different matter.

Whats wrong with a 1.4 or 1.6 corsa for a while? He will realise its not that good & a 2L isnt much better & soon want a BMW anyway With his job at risk & not just a car I think its madness.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need Help.... 23 database queries in 0.0137789 seconds