corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » body kit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author body kit
gowzzer

User status: Offline
20th Mar 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all

can any1 help me with a few things

i hav got a body kit (without a front bumper so any1 tht has 1 for sale) for my corsa b which has been fitted to a corsa before so it will fit. just wondering where to start how to fit, things to watch out for etc etc... a guide would be great

how low can i go with it. its a wide arch kit but i was thinkin of goin 60mm all round, currently 70mm front 50mm back

Also I think my clutch is on its way out. gettin difficult to change gear its liek sumthings blocking it. Wonderign hwo much u think it will cost to fix and if any1 else has had the same problem and it its even the clutch

cheers

[Edited on 20-03-2008 by gowzzer]
swedge

20th Mar 08 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how low you can go depends on what kit you have, i have the combat 2 front and back and i had it lowered about 50mm front and back but i had to put the front back to standard as i couldnt get my finger underneath the front

you prbably could go 30mm but i wouldnt chance it unless you liek getting your bumper ripped off all the time

even though the kit has been fitted before it might still be a cunt to get fitted right, especially if its from ebay.

im taking my kit off just now to fix it all and get it resprayed then re-fit it all correctly and not rush it this time

just take your time fitting it and be patient
Forbes789

21st Mar 08 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 35mm springs and shortened shocks, and the clearance with the 15s is shocking barely driveable, scrapes on everything cant go near speed bumps or potholes or it just scrapes shit out of it, but with the white 18s on its got good clearance no worrys with speed bumps the bumper has the height a standard has but the 18s fill the arches, looks ace.

big rims for the win
gowzzer

22nd Mar 08 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i was going to put 17" on so maybe that will be alright. About fitting it.. Can any of u help with that? Where to start, key things 2 do etc? Would be a great help as i want 2 try and do most of the things myself. You get a better feelign when its all finished rather than spend money getting a pro to do it

cheers all

New Poll