corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » electrics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author electrics
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Apr 08 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am no auto electrician, but earlier my car started but with no power to anything (heavy steering, batt not charging etc) turned out to be a blown fuse, easily sorted, but I was wondering what tolerance can the stock alternator out up with? isit worth getting anew upgraded version for my v reg 1.2 if i am to continue running loadsa audio astuff and lighting to accompany?

Cheers, Neil
Rybo

4th Apr 08 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as your not running anything really crazy you should be okay with a decent battery,obvously don't go beltin it out without the engine running tho if you wanna keep a healthy charge in your battery,
also make sure your alternator is in good nick...it should be putting out approx 13.7 volts dc when running if you bang a volt meter on it
hope this is of some use to ya bud
FAZ
Premium Member

5th Apr 08 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, ive got two of those alpine bass tubes, 6x9s, components, tweeters, headunit, undercar neons :S, interior neons and strobes
fazza

5th Apr 08 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neons lol??
get some pics up!!
na like rybo said you should be fine, just dont go hammering it without the engine on mate

New Poll