corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitting electric windows, pre wired?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting electric windows, pre wired?
Mobby

User status: Offline
5th Apr 08 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how would i fit the electric windows, to my car? if i had all the bits, is the motor hard to do?
Limecat
Banned

6th Apr 08 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did it on mine, first thing first is to unscrew the loom which sits in the door shut area.

Count the number of pins in there as if the in car loom isnb't equipped with the wiring you are pissing into the wind.

You will then need to take your door bin and card off. To get the existing mechanism out you will find it has 4 rivets holding it in place; drill these out. Put the motor and mechanism back in it's place and either pop rivet it in place or with nuts and bolts after putting the slider onto the base of the window (you may need an extra pair of hands at this point!)
Put the electric door loom in and connect up.

It is more fiddly than difficult.
Mobby

6th Apr 08 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i imagend it would be fiddly, my cars the 1993 so it wont be prewired i dont think
Limecat
Banned

6th Apr 08 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recall correctly mine had something like 17 pins on the car loom side, if it hasn't got that you will have to do the in car loom as well.

New Poll