corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My corsa turbo W.I.P

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My corsa turbo W.I.P
bux

User status: Offline
   14th Apr 08 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is going to take sme time!!! im just going to copy and paste most of it to save time!!

Right here goes, progress has come along way so it will be quite a long thread.......i brought this corsa for the engine, it was a 1.4 sri and the engine went into pastys old corsa (black and orange 2 tone), so once the engine was out i decided it would be a waste to scrap the car so i had an idea that i would build a cheap track car...............well a few grand later the engine is almost ready to go in

Here goes..........

The original car when i brought it

The next day..........engine out and into other car

Remove battery tray and fit isolator switch and smooth off mounting points of the old battery tray

Relocate battery behind the passenger seat

A bit of strengthening

Loads of seam welding

Found a mint calibra turbo doner car, was a real shame to break it but never mind!!

the engine

Engine cumming out of the calibra

Cant be doing with unrelaible engines so a full rebuild took place!!

engine stripped

Block painted

Gearbox reconditioned & painted up

Going back together.........................

Pistons

This shows the block with new internals, bearings, every gasket, honed bores, and arp uprated "Stud set" instead of bolts

New coscast rebuilt head, polished and ported

Bottom end, new big end bearings, main bearings, uprated bolts etc..

Head back on, with 1.9mm cosmetic metal headgasket

Polished my sump up a bit

Newly powder coated rocker cover and other bits and bobs

New modified alternator bracket had to be made to allow the drive belt to run only the crank and alternator

Uprated billet, lightened flywheel

Engine bay after hours, and hours of work!! Also new brake pipes and braided brake hoses etc........ just got the steering rack to sort out, and get the anti-roll bar etc powder coated and new lower arms

And thats as far as ive got for now.........it started out as a little priject for me to do over the winter.........but i got carried away!! To come soon, new uprated turbo, new mounts, drive shafts etc, helix clutch and front mount intercooler, coilovers...................................

will keep you all posted!!

steve
bux

14th Apr 08 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right a few updates for you........spent a bit of time on the corsa last week, got the coilovers on, new bottom arms, ball joints and bolts, also got the anti-roll bar and the tie rods powder coated up too.

fk coilovers

anti-roll bars stripped of paint

front coilovers on

side view of coilovers

cheeky intercooler

just popped a wing on, but bare in mind there is no engine in yet and ive raised it up a little it is pretty decked

enjoy peeps, clutch is being ordered next week and conversion kit!!
bux

14th Apr 08 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few updates for you

paddle clutch kit arrived

Friction plate on the billet lightened flywheel

Clutch assembly (that sittin there is about £700 :lol
bux

14th Apr 08 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clutch and flywheel goin on

bux

14th Apr 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My M-tec conversion kit turns up..........

bux

14th Apr 08 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then the big day comes..........

More updates

Ive been workin on my car alot this week, wot with doin all sorts of bits to it from modding the gearbox to painting up parts.......... its all took along time but wot a result!!! it is so worth it, i hope you all like the outcome of wot it looks like, everybody that has seen its are gobsmacked with it so.........

here is todays progress then peeps...........

My mate kindly took my car over to my work on his trailor earlier this morning (cheers will.......oh and cheers to midget, odders and anton for helpin push and assisting )

then up the car goes on the ramp and the tie rods are removed

then the new m-tec mount kit is fitted, with all new bolts (had to cut em all down to get em to fit)

The engine before it went in

Engine about to go in

engine goin in

Engine in!!!

Then off back to my workshop

Few nicer pics of the engine in when i cleaned it up abit

Enjoy!!!!! more to come soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jr

14th Apr 08 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a strong suspision you shouldnt have continously welded the seems in the bay

nice though
Linch

14th Apr 08 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mint
bux

14th Apr 08 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right have finally uploaded some pics of some of my new parts...........

mocal oil cooler

mocal cooler and fitting kit

Fuel rail with bigger injectors fitted, and uprated (larger) fuel pressure regulator (both combined will deliver more fuel to prevent it running lean and melting things...lol)

6 speed short shifter kit with uprated poly bushes (cost extra)

And finally for now.............new uprated stage1 turbo (the best they could do to it basically) uprated internals, bigger bearings, uprated actuator.....

16V_1600

14th Apr 08 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great project mate!
bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway here goes

bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right here goes folks.................like i say its not gunna sound nffin like that but im so pleased shes running!!! at last......wohooooooooooooooooo

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/pug106/?action=view&current=corsaprogress015.flv
bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few pics from 2nyt

new silicone turbo coolant hoses

quick pic of the turbo on the car

pic of the engine bay

jonnysri

14th Apr 08 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like an ace project mate. what's the outside gonna look like? going for blue n silver to match the engine??
bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then here's wot a few people have been waiting for............some vids finally!!!

this vid is of it ticking over and a little look around the bay

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/pug106/?action=view&current=corsarunning008.flv

this vid is a little rev and it just comes onto boost........... but thats the hardest ive revved it so far, dont forget the exhaust is only the down pipe.........so sounds abit loud, turbo sounds nice tho

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/pug106/?action=view&current=corsarunning009.flv
bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

them pics are like a year old lol, ill eventually get to recent pics but my comp is going stupidly slow......
Anton C20XE

14th Apr 08 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks mint stevo, get some up to date pic's up
bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right then alot of people have bee askin me to see this vid, well here it is........

i really aint givin the car hardly any throttle as im still running in, it sounds like i give it abit but thats coz of the loud exhaust. i think the max that went to would have been about 4000 rpm and i would guess it revs to 7500 (poss just below) but i havent let it rev out yet. if you look i just put it into second and give it a tap and it just goes buzurk!!!! torque steers left, then right, but i had a little drive in it today again and i got a bit better control!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/pug106/?action=view&current=corsarunning002.flv
bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just 2 very crap pctures........dont actually no wot happened to the camera but here goes

the new rims and road legal slicks...........oh and the temp side exit exhaust

pic of the side..............crappy black wings for the mo.........but they wont be like that for lnng!!!

bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well as alot of you no, the corsa engine mount didnt hold up on suday at pod.........so will be updating you with some pics of the new mount that is to be made!!!

here is the mount that bent!

bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then progress.............lol me and my dad have spent the last couple of night repairing the gearbox due to the twisted mount damaged the threads and making a new much stronger mount!!

so here goes.............corsa minus gearbox...........lol

firstly inspect the components to see wot we can do to modify/strengthen wot we already have............

this pic shows the m-tec spacer plate, with only 2 holes to mount to the gearbox, you can also see the lug on the gearbox that could easily be incorperated...........so guess wot,new plate is to be made, and welded to the mount which should improve strength by about 100%

very thick steel of the correct size is marked out with the bolt holes to the exact mm.

just another quick pic of the old mount, it really did take some abuse!! but on a serious note it must have taken quite abit of power to do this.........

pics of the new mount, it has 3 braces internally (round thick steel rod that has been welded insode the mount to prevent the mount from twisting and collapsing again, also you can see the extra plate welded to the top of the mount to prevent it twisting in on itself, and the main modification is the new spacer plate welded/combined with the mount with an extra mounting hole with an M12 nut and bolt fixing rather than going into the alloy gearbox threads..........so thats wot ive been upto!! has taken along time to do as it had to be done so accurately!! but fingers crossed it will be worth it!!

anyway its being painted now so waiting for it to dry.........
bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well got a bit board today so decided i would start to strip the corsa out.......anyway 1st thing that i wanted to do was get rid of the crappy door cards!! so off they cam and i made up some alloy pannels......got rid of the lock buttons and the speakers and all that crap as i dnt need it!! anyway here is a little pic of wot i did, it will do for now until stage 2 of the door card is made !!!

FruitBooTeR

14th Apr 08 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazing project mate ill be following it closley
bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right was my weekend off this week..........so it wasnt unlike me to spend a few hours on the car.........

firstly did a little bit more stripping out and cleaning up, then was playing about with the boost (my god it fly's now!!!) so can wait to get it on the rollers onweds and see wot power its got @ 1bar!! lastly fitted my new rear bumper, pic below, hope you all like, i like it alot better but it looks adifferent colour in the pic but it actually isnt......

bux

14th Apr 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spent quite a few hours this weekend doin some bits and bobs to the corsa, which were fitted new tailgate (had to put my spoiler on the new tailgate and swap everything over) but my tailgate had rust on it and the laquer was peeling, also fitted a new fuel flap (late spec, which constantly sticks open slightly, but is spot on to let air into my fuel tank) fitted a new front bumper and started on a few other bits and bobs, here are a couple of pics, should look even more euro by PTM

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My corsa turbo W.I.P 23 database queries in 0.0168531 seconds