corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1995 Corsa GSI not running.. HELP!! needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1995 Corsa GSI not running.. HELP!! needed
LostInTime

User status: Offline
3rd May 08 at 05:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Gang, I'm new to the forum and I am hoping that someone here can shed a little bit of light on the problems I'm having. A few days ago I started to lose power when accelerating from a standstill, no throttle response and would crawl for a bit then would go as normal, not the response on the hwy either, changed the plugs, oil, filters (Fuel/Air/Oil). The past day it has got so worse, it only idles at about 200rpm or wont idle at all. Have done a paperclip test and throwing up the following faults.

24=> Vehicle Speed Sensor (Possibly still logged from not so recent speedo cable brake)
28=> Fuel Pump relay contacts
43=> Primary Ignition
47=> EGR (this has been a problem for ages, I don't think this is causing current probs)

Went to local Holden dealership with part number from relay, assuming I have the right one (purple one in drivers side kick panel) part number from the relay was not listed on their system, the relay on their computers is no longer available . Went to auto elec and got a different brand, but same type, no difference in it's running.

Quoted $484 for new coil pack & $175 for new leads, so I don't really want to fork out for either if it is not going to help.

Engine Model is X16XE, 1995 model

Anyone have any idea's. I can't get it looked at until monday at the earliest, but need to get it going asap.
Superlite Ltd.

3rd May 08 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd suggest an ignition coil pack (10457075)

The relay (90511178) is still in service under vauxhall if you need that, but doesn't look like it.

As for the EGR valve, use this part (12554606) to blank it off. They are rubbish things, so blank it off and stop it working
LostInTime

3rd May 08 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the reply, that was my initial thought, I'll post back on the problem when it is sorted.
Mobby

3rd May 08 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how does the paperclip test work, how do you get the numbers ??
LostInTime

3rd May 08 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the info can be found on this website

http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm
LostInTime

8th May 08 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

**Update** I have had the car to 2 mechanics and neither can give me a n answer on what is wrong, of all the codes thats coming up on ECU, the components all check out fine, I have replaced fuel pump relay, fuel pump & fuel filter, coil pack tests out ok, fuel pressures, compression all ok, the 2nd mechanic thinks that maybe the computer is playing up, thats all I have to go on, and am still no closer to working out whats wrong. Seems to be running rich and at times erratic idle. When started from cold, it idles low (200rpm) after about 30 seconds to a minute, idles normal. Possibly mixed signals from computer?

Cheers

Mat
Adam-D

8th May 08 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lambda sensor, or coolent temp sensor. making it running rich?

coolent one is a 2 pin plug by the thrmostat.

New Poll