corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Rover Vitesse Twin Plenum 4.6 V8, British Muscle!

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rover Vitesse Twin Plenum 4.6 V8, British Muscle!
K 5ive

User status: Offline
   6th May 08 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Superb example of a classic British Muscle car, but with a difference. A few years ago it was treated to a brand new 4.6 V8 along with a multitude of other things. This truly is a extremly fast car capable of showing up BM's Mercs and other quick cars! The car has everything a SD1 owner dreams of doing but probably never gets to do due to time and money constraints etc. (full list below)
Garaged the whole time and only brought out in Summer for sunny days and shows during my ownership. Always warmed up before using it. If it breaks i replace with new genuine Rover parts from Rimmer Brothers. These guys stock pretty much everything for this car! Parts are not a problem for these cars unlike other classics.
The car also won car of the year 2007 on www.austin-rover.com as voted for by readers, front cover and article in The SD1 club mag plus about to be featured in newly launched Retro cars magazine.
The buyer of this car will not be dissapointed.
The price reflects what has been done to this car. I do not want to sell this car but i am moving to spain so can't realisticly take it with me as much as i would love to. No test pilots or dreamers please.
Just picked it up today with a fresh MOT, Just taxed for the new season as well. Ready to go. £5000

Spec.

Rear brakes:

Discs are specially drilled from a standard BMW E34 5 series disc

Callipers are standard Rover 820, with a lever welded on for handbrake cable

Pads are from a Rover 820

Handbrake is standard cable

Rear suspension:

Uprated standard Vitesse height springs

AVO shocks

Poly bushes all round

Rear lights:

Brake lights now carry a dual filament bulb holder to allow an extra side light bulb.

Front brakes:

Jaguar XJS HE callipers and discs

EBC Discs with Redstuff pads

Stainless brake hoses

Castrol SRF silicon fluid

Front suspension:

Bilstein magnesium coilovers fitted with 350lbs springs

Poly bushed all round

Cooling:

Custom made aluminium radiator with twin Kenlowe fans

Thermo switch is from a ford fiesta

Ignition:

Range rover platinum plugs

8mm Magnecor HT leads

Mallory Unilite dizzy

MSD high voltage coil

Fuelling:

High power fuel pump

Jaguar XJ6 injectors

FSE adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Intake/exhaust

Jaguar XJ6 airflow meter

Heat dissipating block to keep air cooler in plenum chamber

Flowed intake manifold, polished out to size of gaskets

Rimmer sports exhaust system with tubular manifolds, covered in heat wrap

Clutch:

AP green spot clutch kit

Stainless braided line

Silicon brake fluid

Engine:

Range rover 4.6 stiff block from RPI

Piper 285 cam

High rev lifters

Stage 3 heads from RPI

Interior:

Standard Steering Wheel

Sony 4" speakers

Rover Stereo

[Edited on 07-05-2008 by K 5ive]

[Edited on 07-05-2008 by K 5ive]

[Edited on 08-05-2008 by K 5ive]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Rover Vitesse Twin Plenum 4.6 V8, British Muscle! 24 database queries in 0.0163510 seconds