corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Problem while braking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem while braking
Huwsi

User status: Offline
16th May 08 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last Night I wen for a spin on some of the rouads round Anglesey and they are absolutely awesome in this time of year but I had one of those "OH SH*T"..... moments last night when I had to brake quite sharply.

I was doing around sixty, probably a touch over ( no more than 65) and a tractor pulled out- far enough for me to brake safely but a bit unexpected ( you get the idea ) so I the went to brake and the rears pretty much almost locked, along with passenger side so the car headed for oncoming traffic. while this was happening the front drivers brake was squeeling like i never heard before . to say the least the car felt really unstable and a bit skittish while braking. Also The steering wheel isn't sitting completely staright i.e; sits slightly to the left.

Now I've driven proper shitters before, including having a car with a bent rear axle and chasis and for this to get me wondering it's a big thing.

Recap;

- when braking, the arse of the car comes out and front driver side squeals also veres to the right
- steering wheel not quite sraight

any suggestions why my car is doing this ( other than major damage to the chasis possibly )

By the way, It's an astra G

Nick
DYL

16th May 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it to a garage and sort the tracking out.....

bleed the brakes aswel....

flybikeslee

16th May 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rear brake bias thingy, needs slackening off or removing
Huwsi

16th May 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've bled the brakes and all were fine

The master cylinder is used for the clutch too
S@M

16th May 08 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check condition of disks and pads, and drums on the rear its the obvious first chice. When was the last time they were changed?
Steve X16XE

16th May 08 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this in the MK4?

Is it lowered? If so then you need to turn the steering wheel to the right if you brake hard. It keeps the car going straight.

I've had the rear end step out under heavy braking at 80 with a trailer on the back. That was interesting to say the least.

The brake bias thing doesn't/didn't seam to do much on mine. Weth its clipped on or left hanging, the same thing still happends.
Rob E

17th May 08 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nutorious for siezing up on these (good ol vauxhall ) bring it over some time next week nick, we will get it on the ramps and have a nosey

New Poll