corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » not sure if this is correct section but.. Creatine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author not sure if this is correct section but.. Creatine
Jas

User status: Offline
30th May 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never been fussed by the stuff..

but all my mates want to get big fast

and have decided protein shakes aren't working..

what are the disadvantages of taking creatine and is there a particular way you are meant to take it.. loading?
Marc

30th May 08 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine_supplements

From Wikipedia but should give you an idea.
Jas

30th May 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Marc
Reecemac

31st May 08 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used them ages ago but think I took 3 caps before workout and 3 after (30 mins before an 30 after). Gives you a temp boost in power which lets you train harder and longer so def worth a try, cheap as and no side effects (I didnt have any anyway).
Laney

31st May 08 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dehydration is the main side effect I think.
Hammer

31st May 08 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say the fact you can't sustain a hard on would be the main side effect tbh, you can always drink water for dehydration
Reecemac

31st May 08 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I'd say the fact you can't sustain a hard on would be the main side effect tbh, you can always drink water for dehydration

Most people drink alot when working out anyway. Never heard of that side effect and they last for a few hours max so nothing major lol.
jmucorsasport

31st May 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres different types of creatine. The one you see most side effects with is monohydrate, usually upset stomach and goin for a slash every 5 mins. The next is Creatine ethyl ester, the extra esters in this allow for better absorption and there are no sides at all. I take 4 caps 30 mins prior to work out with this. The is also the new blend which is creatinol-O-Phosphate which is again a more advanced version of ethyl ester, basically has more esters in it to aid in absorption and delivery to the muscles during workouts. Havent used this yet.

Typically i use Creatine Ethyl Ester for 4 weeks on and the same time off and then do it again. Drink at least 4-5 litres of water per day to aid in kidney function. I also combine it with meal replacement shakes, not just simple protein, you need carbs to get big aswell. Having full glycogen stores is key for effective workouts.

Basically use a combination of creatine/protein/meal replacement. EAT EAT and EAT some more, clean though. Also make sure you have effective workout routines, for size hit the compound exercises. Look at GVT(German Volume Training) i'm doin this now, love it, great size gains...

Hope this helps
Hammer

31st May 08 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reecemac
quote:

Most people drink alot when working out anyway. Never heard of that side effect and they last for a few hours max so nothing major lol.

I'm only going on what adz off here said, he stopped using it as he turned into Floppy McShiteshag whenever he was taking it.
jaffa

31st May 08 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm only going on what adz off here said, he stopped using it as he turned into Floppy McShiteshag whenever he was taking it.

That was ephedrine not creatine
Cosmo

31st May 08 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
he stopped using it as he turned into Floppy McShiteshag whenever he was taking it.

Maybe you just werent turning him on enough?
smack

31st May 08 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell your mates to grow a pair, and to put in some hard work.
water is all you need for training and working out.
IMO - this is how i feel on the matter, couldent giv two shits about all these protine shakes and crap
Hammer

1st Jun 08 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jaffa
quote:
quote:
quote:

That was ephedrine not creatine

Ahhh i stand corrected
Hammer

1st Jun 08 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
he stopped using it as he turned into Floppy McShiteshag whenever he was taking it.

Maybe you just werent turning him on enough?

But.....but.....but

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » not sure if this is correct section but.. Creatine 23 database queries in 0.0160601 seconds