corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuel Prices - where should they 'draw the line'?

Poll: Fuel Prices - where should they 'draw the line'?
sub £1 pl 65 (61.32%)
£1.00-£1.10 pl 18 (16.98%)
£1.10-£1.20pl 8 (7.55%)
£1.20-£1.30pl 3 (2.83%)
£1.30-£1.40pl 2 (1.89%)
£1.40-£1.50pl 1 (0.94%)
£1.50+ 9 (8.49%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel Prices - where should they 'draw the line'?
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
17th Jun 08 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well as I am sure you are fully aware, there have been plenty of strikes and protests and not too mention plenty of threads and discussions about the fuel prices continuous increase in price (it seems to be going up a couple of pence every week where I live )

The fact is it's unlikely that we shall ever see the prices of fuel, that were used a couple of years ago (sub 89p)

So how much would you be happy to pay?
John

17th Jun 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be happy to pay a fair price for it.
Toby
Premium Member

17th Jun 08 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will pay whatever cos i need to drive, but it should be cheap like it is in america
mattk

17th Jun 08 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id be happy to pay the price the garage sell it at + 17.5 %

not the price the garage sell it at + tax + 17.5%
vauxhall_boy

i wouldnt mind seeing it back down to £1 but would be happy to pay upto £1.10, its nearly £1.30 where i live which i find rediculous!! if it doesnt stop going up then you would have to be a millionaire to run a car lol
Tiesto

If it goes any higher than £1.20 then i think its an unfair price considering the cost of the actual petrol itself.
Colin

17th Jun 08 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is shit, however everything goes up in price, look at stuff like food, timber, steel.....all have rocketed in price recently. Its just down to supply & demand.

America pays less but I believe there salaries etc are in proportion.

As Yaz sang 'The only way is up'
deano87

17th Jun 08 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We talking petrol or diesel? I voted in terms of petrol and £1 - £1.10.
Colin

17th Jun 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Id be happy to pay the price the garage sell it at + 17.5 %

not the price the garage sell it at + tax + 17.5%

You mean without Duty? LOL that would be lovely, but it will never happen, the government would be bankrupt.
jacko198

17th Jun 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
It is shit, however everything goes up in price, look at stuff like food, timber, steel.....all have rocketed in price recently. Its just down to supply & demand.

America pays less but I believe there salaries etc are in proportion.

As Yaz sang 'The only way is up'

Babyyyyy, for you and meeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee
lisac

17th Jun 08 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Part of reason why prices are going up is the price of fuel, i work for a fruit importers and supply to supermarkets. We have to pay our suppliers more and more to transport the product to us and that eventually gets passed down to the customer ie you and me when we do the shopping. The product can go onto 4 different lorries before it gets to the supermarket so u can imagine the extra costs
Ben G

17th Jun 08 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lisac
Part of reason why prices are going up is the price of fuel, i work for a fruit importers and supply to supermarkets. We have to pay our suppliers more and more to transport the product to us and that eventually gets passed down to the customer ie you and me when we do the shopping. The product can go onto 4 different lorries before it gets to the supermarket so u can imagine the extra costs

talk about stating the obvious

the presidents of companies aren't going to ford the extra price out of their own pocket are they

true though, everything gets shafted onto the consumer as thats the only way they can keep earning money.
Colin

17th Jun 08 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok forget food, although the price of wheat to make bread has recently doubled......nothing to do with fuel.

Timbers went sky high in recent years.

Steels went up in multiples of value.

I blame the 3rd world countries wanting to develope, china 600,000,000 people wanting a skyscraper now instead of small shanty village/rice field. The strain of the amount of oil/gas etc these countries use is astounding.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
17th Jun 08 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How exactly do you propose to draw the line? This isn't a luxury good which people have a choice about buying...
lisac

17th Jun 08 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i realised that when i posted it oh well

lisac

17th Jun 08 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we should have a flat rate that it stays at, then the government tax adjusts itself according to it. At least we all know that it will permanently at one price
Ben G

17th Jun 08 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but it can't possibly be one price only because it's not a renewable energy source. it will run out one day, which means there will be more strain on places that need it.

Superlite Ltd.

17th Jun 08 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they should stop being so greedy and look at these 2 cylinder compressed air engines ffs. So many alternatives about but they dont make as many pound signs as petrol/diesel
Conway563

17th Jun 08 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a garage near me selling it for £1.99 a litre this weekend due to the strikes
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
17th Jun 08 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The impetus is not there for research. Oil companies don't want it, governments don't want it. Fleecing the public is far more profitable than actually sorting the problem out.
Colin

17th Jun 08 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
How exactly do you propose to draw the line? This isn't a luxury good which people have a choice about buying...

Cas have only been invented for 100 years or so, we managed an existence before without them, even up until 50yrs ago or so the were a luxury, no one except the wealthy could afford to run them. The government see the millions of cars on the road as the problem, not the amount it costs us to run them. They want cars off the road, high fuel prices are hear to stay, I can see us now in 2013 moaning about £3 a litre & 'remember the good old days when it was only £1.26'. Its here to stay its the shitty truth.

[Edited on 17-06-2008 by Colin]
Robbo

17th Jun 08 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cease the oil futures market and hey presto fuel will be down to 60p a litre within minutes

John

17th Jun 08 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naa there will be big changes soon, this place is full of people just ready to burst and I think it will be big style, the government are making a big big mistake.

Everything they tell us is all propaganda and people are slowly realising this.
Colin

17th Jun 08 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Cease the oil futures market and hey presto fuel will be down to 60p a litre within minutes

Explain?
ed

17th Jun 08 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is, people are still using fuel as if it is still at 1990's prices. Not economical. It's getting harder to find and harder to produce.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuel Prices - where should they 'draw the line'? 22 database queries in 0.0134590 seconds