corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removal of the SAI

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removal of the SAI
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
27th Jun 08 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got a protech 4 branch manifold.

Im wanting to remove the SAI system. What do i do to the vacuum pipes and the hole that would be in the engine?

Iv searched but had no success of any proper help.

Thanks
Simon_16v

28th Jun 08 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump
GavCorsa

28th Jun 08 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does protec manifold still have hole for SAI?

if not then make sure bolts are done up tight and maybe exhaust paste around the hole before fitting gasket and manifold

as for vac pipe, remove it from little box on passenger side and block up with a small screw
Will94

28th Jun 08 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The protech manifold shouldn't have a hole for the air to be pumped in (mine didnt)

So all you need to do is unplug the SAI pump and remove it, then blank off the little vacuum pipe which goes to the sensor on the n/s suspension turret. or as already mentioned, leave the pipe going to it but put a screw or a cap on the other end of the sensor so the air doesnt leak. Leave the sensor plugged in though else you'll get your EML come on

New Poll