corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Boot Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boot Problems
ed

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 08 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to dual boot my PC into XP sometimes to run some software thats recently been upgraded for Vista. So I decided to get rid of the old XP install and just use vista. I thought this might cause a few booting problems, which it did, so I tried to repair it using the Vista disk and its auto fixing thing. This didn't work and the computer won't boot. I tried to repair using the command prompt and bootrec /rebuildbcd but I get an error message I've never seen which says 'element not found'

Anyone got any ideas on a fix as I'm fresh out and I havent had a lot of luck on Google.
Doug

2nd Jul 08 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am assuming a fresh install is out of the question?

Could always use Knoppix to boot up with and recover files before a system wipe
ed

2nd Jul 08 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fresh install would be a ball ache really. Think I have got it though as I revised my search string on google and found some more help...

New Poll