corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa X16XE Coolant Hoses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa X16XE Coolant Hoses
dez

User status: Offline
15th Jul 08 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, as this is my first post I will introduce myself first. My name is Dez and I'm from Preston, I have a 1994 Corsa GSi which I bought off a member on here. Its the X16XE and has dumped its coolant all over my drive.

I'd just come back from a spirited drive and luckily was sat on the drive at idle speed when it happened, engine temp was normal, according to the gauge.

As soon as I topped up the header tank it all drained out again, so topped it up again, same happened.

I don't have a haynes so before I start stripping the inlet manifold off etc, does anyone know where the pipe from the header tank goes to? Can it be got to from underneath?

Thanks,
Dez
dez

15th Jul 08 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way just for extra information, its the pipe at the bottom of the header tank, the one that appears to run right down the back of the engine
Olsrey

15th Jul 08 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My clutch cable once wore through my header tank coolant pipe. Maybe the same here?

New Poll