corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust Banging?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust Banging?
Loopz

User status: Offline
16th Jul 08 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a lsight problem as my exhaust was changed back in December and started banging. I didnt really take any notice of it but since I've kinda got back into looking after my car and keepin it mint it's starting to get a little annoying.

I check out the bottom and it seems to be hittin the rear axle. I don't know alot about cars expecially messing with them but I really want to sort it out myself as I'm out of money right now so I can;t just book it into the garage.

Any ideas on how I can raise the exhaust or at least keep it from banging on the rear axle.

One problem is that although it's rather low, hence hittin the rear axle, the exhaust end is around 2cm from the back bumper.

Thanks for any help in advance guys I just signed up too, I only have a 1.2 8v right now but I'm looking into buying something that will match you guys here. I wont sell this car banging like it does though will I
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jul 08 at 00:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no single answer to this, basically it needs adjustment on either the mounts or the pipe joins, rotated a bit, pushed in, pulled out, whatever fixes it.

Is it the bend over the axle or the back box hitting the trailing arm?
Loopz

16th Jul 08 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's the bend mate, not too sure though, I have a stock exhaust if thats any help.

I mgiht try and fiddle with it later on today, i need to blag a spot round my mates, i live on a busy road no drive or nothing ):
Ellis

16th Jul 08 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exaggerate the bend over the rear axle then modify the rest accordingly
Gareth F

16th Jul 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They werent designed to bang so adjust it and it will sit properly. As said before its a case of getting under it for 30 minutes twisting the pipes about. Or take it back to the garage that fitted it and ask them to do it.
Loopz

16th Jul 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found out what the problem was, the back box was rather tall and managed to hit the bottom of the car. I sorted it I think. Didn't hear a bang all the way home. The pipe between the Cat and Back Box isn't hung in any way and hangs rather lower. Is that normal? :S
Gareth F

16th Jul 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There should be rubber bungs half way down the system and also at the back box supporting the whole thing.

New Poll