corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who will win the PremierLeague this season? (08/09)

Poll: Who will win the PremierLeague this season? (08/09)
  Chelsea
  Liverpool
  Manchester Utd
  Arsenal
  Spurs (no contest)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who will win the PremierLeague this season? (08/09)
J da Silva

User status: Offline
19th Jul 08 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No heated exchanges please.... but feel free to state why you think a certain team will win it.
J da Silva

19th Jul 08 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I voted Chelsea, some good additions and a manager with real drive and pasion, I think Man Utd won't be as strong this season, with the Ronaldo saga etc... and no out and out strikers fit.
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really think it will depend on a lot of things....

United - Mainly if Ronaldo stays. If he goes then who does SAF replace him with? If he stays then how long until he is fit? Does the talk of him going effect his form?

Chavski - How well does he adapt to managing a club side in Europe? How much will he spend and on who?

Arsenal - Who goes? If they lose Adebayor (which is looking unlikely) then thats a lot of goals to find. Then its a question of if the kids can step up and repeat last season and then some.

Liverpool - Can Torres improve on or atleast repeat last season? Can the return of Agger and purchases of Skrtel, Degen and Dossena get the defence back to how its been for years? Can Babel and other youngsters step up? Will we sign the added attacking flair needed?

So for me its still too soon, but feel given what I think MAY happen with all those points above that it could be anyones season.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Jul 08 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chelsea or united
Robbo

19th Jul 08 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too soon to tell, and too hard to tell IMO
J da Silva

19th Jul 08 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me backing Chelsea could go either way really, managing Chelsea is nothing like Brazil or Portugal, you have the option to pick thousands of players from a country...
I just can't see Man Utd replicating last season, Ronaldo got them out of sticky situations last seasons aswell.
Arsenal need to spend money, and with the players going out it could fall apart.
Liverpool probably have the best chance for seasons, Torres has it all but like you said the defence isn't gelled yet, how long will it take to get an understanding?
Danny P

19th Jul 08 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon UTD, but it will be closer than it has been in previous seasons
Robbo

19th Jul 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our season really depends on who else Wenger brings in and whether or not the youngsters such as Denilson, Diaby, Walcott, Vela, Senderos, Djourou, Ramsey, Nasri etc. step up the required amount
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
but like you said the defence isn't gelled yet, how long will it take to get an understanding?

Technically the only new player who will realisitcally go in there is Dossena. The other three - Agger/Skrtel, Carra and Arbeloa have been playing together for a while now.

The only reason last season was so poor was not getting Heinze in to replace Riise when it was needed, and Agger gettign injured and meaning a 34yr old Hyypia having to play week in week out.

I'll give an opinion on 31st August tbh
Nath

19th Jul 08 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Utd get Berbatov and Ronaldo stays and is happy, then United. If not, who the feck knows.
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
If Utd get Berbatov and Ronaldo stays and is happy, then United. If not, who the feck knows.

Is probably well summed up
Robbo

19th Jul 08 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I'll give an opinion on 31st August tbh
Ditto

[Edited on 19-07-2008 by Robbo]
Cavey

19th Jul 08 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United won last year, so i think Chelski will win this year, got no reasons why, just because i guess
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 08 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went with Chelsea for the time being, I think that with everything factored in they have the best overall package.

Man U - If Ronaldo goes that’s a massive blow. If he stays he may miss start of the season and/or most of pre-season so won't be straight on form, plus I suspect with his attitude over this whole transfer saga that he will be made to sit a few out at the start anyway as a form of slapped wrist and ensuring the greasy little cuntbag knows his place.

Liverpool - Too much to change, Home form was a mile off that of a title contender last season, lesser team than the above 2 and lower standard of signings. Overly reliant on 2 players that they need to stay fit all season.

Arsenal - Again have lost a few key players and potentially losing more. Ironically Flamini kept Gilberto out of the side and made Diarra surplus to requirements. Diarra left, Flamini has a change of heart at the last minute and Gilberto has now buggered off having lost the armband etc. I think, and hope, that Adebayor buggers off as I think that will see the genuine emergence of Walcott. Van Persie missed a huge chunk of last season though but this Nasri looks a bit 'raw' so it will be interesting to see what happens with him?

Tottenham - I think that there are teams that will easily finish ahead of them, especially as it looks like they could be losing both halves of a 50+ goal a season partnership, namely Aston Villa, Portsmouth, Everton and Manchester City. The perennial also-rans. Yid army!
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Liverpool - Overly reliant on 2 players that they need to stay fit all season.

I would say less overly than the 44 goals Ronaldo gave United
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 08 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Liverpool - Overly reliant on 2 players that they need to stay fit all season.

I would say less overly than the 44 goals Ronaldo gave United

I read some statistic somewhere that if you removed Ronaldo's goals and altered their points accordingly that the Red Vermin would have finished 5th last year, the thing they failed to point out is that the statistic would pretty much be based on them playing with 10 men (not like the lazy cuntbag ever tracks back) so someone else would have filled in instead. I genuinely believe without him last year that they wopuld have finished 2nd, possibly third. The guy is good but he is still a greasy little shithouse.
Hammer

20th Jul 08 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The statistic you read is a lot of shite, if they removed Ronaldo they'd have brought in another player worth up to £80 million and not played with 10 men for an entire season.
Limecat
Banned

20th Jul 08 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The statistic you read is a lot of shite, if they removed Ronaldo they'd have brought in another player worth up to £80 million and not played with 10 men for an entire season.

That differs to what I said in what way exactly? Other than a 'replacement' would be worth upto £80 million of course?
Russ

20th Jul 08 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

That differs to what I said in what way exactly? Other than a 'replacement' would be worth upto £80 million of course?
he didnt say it did differ, get off your police horse, or the thugs in here will stab you
Russ

20th Jul 08 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really dont know,

Ronaldo i think will have a worse season this year than last. but will some of the others have better seasons, mainly, the midfield, and Rooney and the homeless one. Man Utd will be up there obviously.

Chelsea, seem to hasve a better chance then in previous years, but will they let there selves down against teams they should be beating like last year.

liverpool, easily have the potential to score a lot of goals, but the team that beat chelsea 3-0 one week can draw/loose to fulham the next. we shall see..

Arsenal, i want them to do well as they play pretty football, the kids have another season of experience under them now though, so who knows..
Marc

20th Jul 08 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to be a close one again.

United - I can't see Ronaldo having another season like last (If he stays obviously) although he bettered the previous season so who knows. I think Tevez will get better, I expect Nani to get more goals and Anderson t ostart scoring too. Park might have to step up his game too. Be interesting to see if Eagles stays and how big a part he will play (I expect him to be in the Championship next season) Largely depends on if we get Berbatov/a new striker too.

Chelsea - They'll be hungry for it next season after missing out on league for past 2 seasons and missing out on the holy grail of CL that they so deseperatley want. Not sure how much Deco will add to their game. They'll be pushing United or whoever all the way.

Arsenal - I thought they'd do it this season and they fell short. I expect the same next season especially with the players they have lost. I'd say you don't win anything with kids but you know...

Liverpool - 4th place, 3rd at best for them. They have world class players in Gerrard, Torres and Mascherano with the rest of the squad made up of average no name Spaniards Tell me I'm wrong!
Cosmo

21st Jul 08 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're wrong
RyanSxi

21st Jul 08 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United for me, think Fergie will sort it out once more.

Biggest threat being chelsea though. Thinking Arsenal have lost a couple of there best players and the rest are youngsters. And Liverpool are still short of a couple of quality signings they need to compete.
Reecemac

21st Jul 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man Utd, dont think Chelsea will do it this year, Arsenal have lost a few main players and dont look like bringing any in and Liverpool are a cup team. Spurs will challege for top 4, I wish the league lol.
Cosmo

21st Jul 08 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top 4

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who will win the PremierLeague this season? (08/09) 23 database queries in 0.0160201 seconds