corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need a Cigerette Lighter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need a Cigerette Lighter
Simon

User status: Offline
11th Aug 08 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My M reg Corsa B Breeze didnt have a cigerette lighter fitted when I got it. At the moment im looking at getting myself a satnav and so would need one to power it. At the moment where the lighter should be it is blanked off, im guessing this is just a bung or something in the hole but I havent tired pulling it off.

Is it an easy job getting the parts and wiring in? What exactly do I need?

Thanks
Fonz
Premium Member

11th Aug 08 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scrap yard, ebay, local electrical shop, RS would all be able to source a fag lighter - advantage of a scrap yard is that any lighter from any car would would as its a standard size and small enough to hide in your pocket to avoid paying.

there are three wires tucked up behind the panel, a twisted wrist should find them. two black and one brown iirc. you'll need one brown and one black, which way round i cant remember so check Haynes. should be a 30min job once you have the part!
supermike

11th Aug 08 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black wires are positive brown is negative, just wired one up yesterday, a piece of cake to do
supermike

11th Aug 08 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, one black wire is for the light which usually goes just at the side of the cig lighter, if your not using a light i wouldnt worry about it, it will be a single wire with a small plug which comes out of the big plug with the 2 wires going into it
Simon

17th Aug 08 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to pick up a lighter from scrappy yesterday, have wired it up but no go yet,
Should there be a fuse or anything that needs to be in place before it will work? If so can anybody help with which slot and what amp I should be using?

If it doesnt need that I could have picked up a dodgy one!

THanks

New Poll