corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speedometer stopped/orange light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speedometer stopped/orange light
fran32

User status: Offline
12th Aug 08 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could someone please help. I recently bought a 2001 Corsa club and all of a sudden my speedometer has stopped working, no miles are being clocked and an orange light comes on (car with spanner).could anybody shed any light on this please.

Am I ok to carry on driving until I have it looked at, will it be a big job? etc etc

Many thanks
F
supermike

12th Aug 08 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at your fuses, this happened to me. Fuse blew for some bizzare reason caused all that to happen, also car cut out when idling as a safe gaurd to stop people from removing the fuse to stop miles going up
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Aug 08 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your car won't drive properly without the speed reading.

Whatever sensor needs replacing will have to be sorted for it all to run nicely again...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
fran32

13th Aug 08 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the replies

If it is a fuse does anyone know what number it is as I couldn't find one that had blown.

Also this morning the light had gone off ,the speedometer was working but very erratically. If this was a fuse problem then would this still be happening?
Ellis

13th Aug 08 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's working erratically then it wouldn't be the fuse, it'll be a faulty sender/sensor at a guess

New Poll